Do I Have To Be A Patient First To Be A Caregiver?

truecare

Hey everyone I am new to the mm world and I need some advice. My wife and I are going to be doing this together as caregivers she is a RN & I am a business owner. My first question is one, do I have to take on the role of patient to make everything in our lives easier or can I stick straight with the caregiver role. I was told that you must do both is this true, is there anyone out there that is just a caregiver and if so what advice would you give a person that just wants to be a caregiver. Just for demographics I am in Washtenaw county. Thanks

Anyone who has no drug felony can be a caregiver,it is unnecessary to be a patient but mandatory to be free of a drug felony. A patient requires a qualifying debilitating condition, a caregiver requires a patient to be a caregiver. He is not a caregiver until he has acquired (signed, registered) a patient. A patient signs with you--it's magic, you're a caregiver (in name only, it is a learning curve). (With time you may come to see that patient's being attached to you as a debilitating condition; sometimes severely sick people are a burden to bear--cheerfully continuing to serve them anyway is where compassion comes in). The status of your wife; patient, Martian, nothing, RN, drug-felon or caregiver herself, has no bearing on your becoming or operating as a caregiver. The wise strategy when (if) 2 caregivers operate out of the same residence is to keep the plant numbers between them in that single location at no more than 99 under that one roof (Federal, DEA vulnerability). Caregivers who operate as a business with compassion a top priority usually do well financially; as do many who operate with no other priority than doing well financially. Medicine is that way; MD's who operate with or without compassion do well financially, if compassionate they may tally higher billings, although there is never a dearth of health issues to treat.

Hey everyone I am new to the mm world and I need some advice. My wife and I are going to be doing this together as caregivers she is a RN & I am a business owner. My first question is one, do I have to take on the role of patient to make everything in our lives easier or can I stick straight with the caregiver role. I was told that you must do both is this true, is there anyone out there that is just a caregiver and if so what advice would you give a person that just wants to be a caregiver. Just for demographics I am in Washtenaw county. Thanks

No, you don't need to be a patient in your situation. As pic book pointed out, in a dual caregiver residence you don't have to max out your plant allotment, considering the federal 99 plant limitation. However, if you really want to excel, you really need to sample and judge your production, firsthand on a continuing basis. You can do that without any guilt if you qualify as a patient.

And if you don't qualify as a patient but truly are not a smoker toker or medder in any format and do not sample your own grow, you need a close-to-you-patient to be the official legal sampler and adviser--this is a sticky, tricky legal wicket--the caregiver who cannot legally imbibe but can seed it, clone it, grow it, harvest and cure it, supply it, cook it, hash it but not use it?!? To my mind this animal has been described but never really seen, as my buds who don't patient-qualify but do act as caregivers are some of the most active and prolific smokers I know. The overwhelming odds are that if you don't patient-qualify you too fall into this category of "frequent use in the natural course of caregiving." It is rarely mentioned, as is the difficulty so rarely mentioned of what came first the chicken or the bud? (The caregiver's difficulty of luring in a patient without having a crop on hand for them to sample because if caregiver is themselves not a patient they have no legal right to possess plants for prospects to sample until they have a patient but but with no bud to sample how to get a patient?).

And if you don't qualify as a patient but truly are not a smoker toker or medder in any format and do not sample your own grow, you need a close-to-you-patient to be the official legal sampler and adviser--this is a sticky, tricky legal wicket--the caregiver who cannot legally imbibe but can seed it, clone it, grow it, harvest and cure it, supply it, cook it, hash it but not use it?!? To my mind this animal has been described but never really seen, as my buds who don't patient-qualify but do act as caregivers are some of the most active and prolific smokers I know. The overwhelming odds are that if you don't patient-qualify you too fall into this category of "frequent use in the natural course of caregiving." It is rarely mentioned, as is the difficulty so rarely mentioned of what came first the chicken or the bud? (The caregiver's difficulty of luring in a patient without having a crop on hand for them to sample because if caregiver is themselves not a patient they have no legal right to possess plants for prospects to sample until they have a patient but but with no bud to sample how to get a patient?). In the Army such difficulties were referred to as Catch 22 but here in med-world it is known as Catch 420.

Archived