Michigan Or Bust!

420UG

My wife and I are looking to move to Michigan and we have our location somewhat narrowed down to somewhere north of I69, east of hwy 127, west of hwy 53 and south of hwy 61 and would very much like some feedback on where the best place to move in that area for our endeavors in growing our own meds legally. We like to be close to a decent size town but like our privacy also. Any insight on this would be much appreciated like if there is a certain town where cops are pricks about mmj or something like that is good to know and also where the best schools are...

well im right in the middle of that area. IM in Midland

im north of 69 by 1 hr. east of 127 by one hr. south of 61 by 30 minutes and west of 75 by 30 minutes. m52 actually starts just south west of me in Saginaw county.

Great area here honestly. Jobs are not VERY prolific, but they are around.

Houses are eVerywhere, but if you plan to live in Midland County, be prepaired to spend a bit of cash for a place. but over in Bay County (5 minutes east of me) you can get good houses for pretty affordable prices.

Midland has the BEST schools in the area by far, and one of the top ten districts in the entire state.

well im right in the middle of that area. IM in Midland

im north of 69 by 1 hr. east of 127 by one hr. south of 61 by 30 minutes and west of 75 by 30 minutes. m52 actually starts just south west of me in Saginaw county.

Great area here honestly. Jobs are not VERY prolific, but they are around.

Houses are eVerywhere, but if you plan to live in Midland County, be prepaired to spend a bit of cash for a place. but over in Bay County (5 minutes east of me) you can get good houses for pretty affordable prices.

Midland has the BEST schools in the area by far, and one of the top ten districts in the entire state.

Thanks Timmahh, That helps alot. I don't mind payin a bit more for better schools. I have been checking rent prices and they are about 30% less there than here so we can either save $$$ on rent or live in a nicer home than we have here... I vote we save the $$$... As far as jobs go we have a home based business so that won't be an issue except for our oldest daughter and if there is an animal rehabilitation center or emergency animal clinic anywhere around there she should be a shoe in.

Thanks Timmahh, That helps alot. I don't mind payin a bit more for better schools. I have been checking rent prices and they are about 30% less there than here so we can either save $$$ on rent or live in a nicer home than we have here... I vote we save the $$$... As far as jobs go we have a home based business so that won't be an issue except for our oldest daughter and if there is an animal rehabilitation center or emergency animal clinic anywhere around there she should be a shoe in.

Welcome to the neighborhood! Really good people here and libraries of information concerning almost if not, everything about cannabis, our law, growing, etc.

I have spoken with a number of families that have moved here to Michigan with home based businesses from small manufacturing to QC sorting and I think that is just great. The small business is the keystone in our economy and its also beneficial to the local area by keeping a vast majority of money generated local.

Home is not where you live but where they understand you.

- Christian Morgenstern

Welcome, come On In

Ed

Midland has a few very nice animal centers here. Being home of DOW Chemical, DOW Corning, and Marion DOW, its a rather affluant area. Rent here in midland is about double what it is in the surrounding areas. as are most house prices. but most houses are in pretty good condition, even in the old part of town.

Its a fairly Wealthy, but quiet community (Dow lets you do great things, as long as its not in their neighborhood, lol. pretty conservative with a strong christian background (hey cant have everything). so MMJ is kind of shunned here. but out of site it out of mind is Midlands Moto for the most part. but for a family, its very good. regardless of age. alot of good family orientated stuff here. Strong 4H program, alot of good cultural stuff going on at the center for the art ect.. Big sports community with baseball, hockey, tennis, soccar in the droves. We even have our very own minor league baseball team now too.

if your single and wanting a life, stay away from midland. lol but if your a family guy, looking for a pretty safe, clean and decent community (trust me the freaks are here, but becuz of DOW, they keep in the shadows. lol) its a pretty good place to live.

If you own a car dealership and you want your kid to follow suit, sure Midland has a good school.

One of the top ten districts in the entire state? At what? Being awesome at electing neo Christians to positions of power that they will pray to God for guidance, wisdom and direction to better help them serve the fine upstanding people of the community? Yup, Midland is in the top 5 districts for that. God blesses Midland.

Midland's police farce is a joke

Midland's judicial system is a 'roo pen

Midland takes the Federal stand, instead of respecting our state law passed by Michigan voters "Keith Baker, director of planning and community development. "Because the possession, growing and distribution of marijuana is still prohibited by federal law, we will be banning those establishments within the city limits."

Midland does not understand our law, and will try to circumvent it with their interpretation of it "According to Baker, the law prohibits additional people from becoming involved in the distribution of medical marijuana which is why the city has opted to prohibit dispensaries and co-ops. In addition, he stated that caregivers are not allowed to be compensated for either their time or profit from their growing activities." According to our LAW "Section 4 (e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances."

Midland county has contributed more toxic waste to this planet than you would want to know about

You do have a nice garden up there though ..... but wait, it's Dow's, it's harzardous to your health to even walk the grounds.

No thanks

my .05

Archived