Is A Plant A Plant No Matter The Size?

Jakl

Hello...my first post.

So, the law states 12 plants per patient. Are Mother plants, seedlings and clones (that are up next to fruit )considered into that equation? Was wondering when the law considers a plant...a plant.

A plant is a plant is a plant.

If I were growing I'd err on the side of caution.

Till it all gets worked out in the courts I'd go with the most conservative interpretation of the Law, then go one step MORE conservative....'cause you KNOW LEO will, given the chance.

In MI law a cutting is not a plant until it has roots.

In MI law when a cutting roots, it counts as one plant.

In MI law a marihuana tree 8 feet tall and 6 feet wide is one plant, or outdoors a sativa 22 feet tall and 19 feet across is still just one plant.

In both MI and Federal law if you root branches that are still attached to the mother you can have an unlimited number of rooted branches ready to be cut for clones, and the mother with her clones attached counts as one plant.

In Federal law a cutting is one plant, roots or no.

The prettiest plant I ever saw was a tree with 119 12"+ rooted branches still attached to her and she was deep into flower.

On the cellular level there are complexities yet to be considered. (How many cells are required to be defined as a plant)?

In MI law a cutting is not a plant until it has roots.

In MI law when a cutting roots, it counts as one plant.

In MI law a marihuana tree 8 feet tall and 6 feet wide is one plant, or outdoors a sativa 22 feet tall and 19 feet across is still just one plant.

In both MI and Federal law if you root branches that are still attached to the mother you can have an unlimited number of rooted branches ready to be cut for clones, and the mother with her clones attached counts as one plant.

In Federal law a cutting is one plant, roots or no.

The prettiest plant I ever saw was a tree with 119 12"+ rooted branches still attached to her and she was deep into flower.

On the cellular level there are complexities yet to be considered. (How many cells are required to be defined as a plant)?

:goodjob:

I wanna see this "tree" with 119 rooted branches, I'm not sure I understand, but inquiring minds NEED to know...

It's called air layering, look it up.

Iowa State University Horticulture Guide Home Garden Management has an excellent step by step guide to the process that even I, with my limited gardening skills understood. Here is the link: http://www.extension.iastate.edu/publications/pm268.pdf

Thanks for mentioning this technique I had never heard of it and it looks very promising.

Dee

A plant is a plant

no matter the rant

a plant is a plant

100 percent

A plant can be short

a plant can be blue

a plant can be small

and fit in a shoe

A plant can be tall

way up to the sky

a shnoozle type plant

once grew 3 miles wide

A plant can do many things

for me

and for you

one plant can be many things

but it sure can't be two

A plant is a plant

no matter the rant

a plant is a plant

100 percent

Hope that lawyer goes to court with ya cuz in Berrien count a non rooted clone is counted as a plant so you'd be busted like another member of my club. Count all your girls as plants, rooted or not unless ya got the funds to spend in court theaching them the diffrents.

hello

welcome to the site... ok heres how i look at it... leos are not the smartest ones out here so if it looks like a plant then its a plant keep it simple as they will try to use anything to take them away... leo dont know or respect this law so dont expect them to be fair about anything... so only way to tell is pull the plant to make sure it has roots in there eyes... dumb yes but only way i know to make sure so save your self the worry... all clones rooted or not look like a plant treat them as one... 12 means 12 and no more... people keep say it says in the law has to have roots well they will get pissed when leo walks in and only way is to pull them to see so never have more than your allowed... play it safe and dont feed them any reason to go that far...

abbe

krustydj that is very bad news. Had not picked it up from any other source. The clones of which you speak were cut off the mother, right? They were not air layered (rooted on the mother, still attached). So Burrien officer and then the court counted EVERY slip separate from the mother as one plant (roots or no?) That menans there's the law and then, in spite of the law, there's wise practice for a savvy grower?

Hope that lawyer goes to court with ya cuz in Berrien count a non rooted clone is counted as a plant so you'd be busted like another member of my club. Count all your girls as plants , rooted or not unless ya got the funds to spend in court theaching them the diffrents.

Hey now, boys count too! ;)

Like I've said before: Air Layering for the win!

Thank you all for the information. Air layering is an interesting option. Ill have to read more on it. Not sure how that would work with Hydroponics..may be too dirty with the moss.

I'd be willing to bet you could air layer with rockwool also! Probably have to stay on top of moisture levels.

Archived