Led Lights And Lumens

Good afternoon.

Two part question.

My first question has to do with working with Led lights. I am convinced that Leds are the way to go when you factor in monthly costs vs HPS and the high wattage costs. My confusions stems from trying to decide which Led lights to buy. I've read where there are low quality leds and high quality as well. Can anyone point me to a trustworthy website, so I don't go and purchase low quality?

The second part is related to how much light is needed. Since 50 Watts per sq foot seems to be the universal, how does that translate when dealing with Leds?

I don't know one successful grower with just LEDS, as supplemental lighting sure they're great, but they need more technology to really perform IMO. There's no replacement for proven methods. just like the old engine saying, "There's no replacement for displacement" i.e. Your 2.0l motor may be quick, but if you did the same relative setup on a bigger engine it wins every time.

I don't know one successful grower with just LEDS, as supplemental lighting sure they're great, but they need more technology to really perform IMO. There's no replacement for proven methods. just like the old engine saying, "There's no replacement for displacement" i.e. Your 2.0l motor may be quick, but if you did the same relative setup on a bigger engine it wins every time.

I just read a grow journal last night with LEDs. T5/cfl for seed/clones.

Dont want to say the site or link it. Not sure how that works here.

I will say they grew 30 dr greenthumb seeds. 10 dope and 20 endless sky. I stayed up all night reading it :)

I just read a grow journal last night with LEDs. T5/cfl for seed/clones.

Dont want to say the site or link it. Not sure how that works here.

I will say they grew 30 dr greenthumb seeds. 10 dope and 20 endless sky. I stayed up all night reading it :)

You can link other sites just no spam.

Ok, well heres the link to the LED grow i mentioned. Its a long read, but good. Their first grow ( husband n wife ) and they really studied and done a great job.

LED grow here

They work by all means, that grow is more T5 then LED's imo. But regardless, other then nice tops they really didn't perform that well, in a 8x10 closet I could get a larger yield w/ a 1000w on a light rail.

924777d1273340010-b-ks-first-grow-led-img_1057.jpg

Other then nice tops the plants are rather under developed below.

Archived