How/why Did You Get Busted?

There seems to be a lot of people on here who have been raided. This is, frankly, terrifying.

In every case there is a reason they knew you were doing what you were doing that led to their uninvited visit.

So what was the chink in the armor that got you (or your hypothetical friend) raided/busted by LEO?

Traffic stop? Bitter ex? phoned in tip? talkative patient? Did you post your show on facebook?

AND, what was the loophole or alleged break down in your affirmative defense that they tried (or succeeded) to use to prosecute you? (or did they NOT prosecute? Did they look at your paperwork and appologize and leave?)

This is invaluable information to those who would like to be caregivers (and would prefer not to have their doors kicked in)

---------------------------

I was raided WAY back in '96? '97? (anyway, years ago.)

This was obviously before the MMMA and I was not growing, except for one stupid little plant that sprouted up in a pot next to a regular house plant. I wasn't 'growing' it, I just never bothered to pull it out.

So my buddy and I were just chillin' playing Playstation (simCity) and medicating like crazy.

To make a long story short they came in, guns drawn, dogs growling, in full tactical gear, cuffed us (none to gently) and tore the house apart, found most of the stash (1/2 Oz.) and paraphenalia.

They kept demanding my name and I kept giving it to them. They had to dig through the dirty laundry to find my wallet and ID before they would believe I was me. Turns out they were looking for my landlady's son who had committed an armed robbery that day and fired on police officers. My house was his last address, he was my age and I fit the description.

In the end they just took all our stuff (making it clear they would be smoking it themselves). The dog kept pulling at the little plant in the pot, but they were all to interested in interrogating me and my buddy to notice. I walked them through our neighborhood and pointed out my landlady's house. (I WISH someone would have taken a picture of me, stoned, in my PJ's leading a band of SWAT geared cops and dogs down the street at night. Priceless)

If I had it to do over I'd have done EVERYTHING different, but I was in my mid twenties and didn't know jack about my rights and was honestly scared shitless.

So, not as relevant as someone growing these days under the MMMA but its my only raided story. (lets keep it that way) But it goes to show how sometimes circumstances beyond our control can have serious consequences.

peace

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Would you believe lightening struck and burned down the house. Awakened at 3 am by a mad fire alarm, as I scrambled about trying to untangle a garden hose the wife called 911 in a panic.

The fire department put out the fire, the police left, then the fire department called them back when they found a dozen plants in a back spare bedroom closet.

Thoroughly smashed the place, roughly stuffed the wife and I into back of the squad, and zipped us off to jail like murderers or cop-killers. (Neither of us had priors or any reason for this treatment, we are an old retired couple - huge threat.)

2nd time they kicked in the door claiming a warrant, when all they had was a "concerned citizen" "complaint". The evidence mysteriously disappeared before court and it cost me my plants, equipment, and year and half supervised probation for growing paraphanalia, with $1800 in court fines & costs without attorney fees (later billed for $5,500). (We lived on ten acres in the middle of nowhere, the nearest neighbor was an acre on each side, and not a soul knew that the garden shed was even there or what was in it.)

1T

My ex called law enforcement. I had five sick plants outdoors and 52 more indoors under lights. I was legal for 60. They trumped up the plant count by including everything harvested and drying. I had to answer for 135 plants. My attorney got the plant count tossed. I plead to a misdemeanor for the five outdoors.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Which one you want to hear? i have several of them,,,but i gotta wait a few more wks before i can tell them!

Mimom.......said dont let leo in your home or car w/o a warrant! PERIOD...............

Read my lips - LEO kicked in my door with a fabricated warrant. They don't need a reason to destroy your property or life, just the knowledge that you are associated with MJ.

1T

• 2 weeks later...

My ex called law enforcement. I had five sick plants outdoors and 52 more indoors under lights. I was legal for 60. They trumped up the plant count by including everything harvested and drying. I had to answer for 135 plants. My attorney got the plant count tossed. I plead to a misdemeanor for the five outdoors.

You were lucky. My husband and I were growing 24 plants outside (I have stage 3 terminal breast cancer and he has rheumatoid arthritis...legal carded patients)growing our medicine in a 6 foot high privacy fenced, locked back yard. Neighbor called the police and we were raided....never even thinking we were doing anything wrong. We thought "other enclosed area equiped with locks" meant we were legal. No problem. Wrong! Now he faces a felony for manufacture and distribution in Livingston County....they are threatening him with prison and the ACLU has taken our case. Since the court of appeals ruled on the case of King, we cannot even use our legal status as MMP's as a defense in trial, can't even mention it or we are in contempt of court. This case will go all the way to the Supreme Court according to our ACLU attorney.

You were lucky. My husband and I were growing 24 plants outside (I have stage 3 terminal breast cancer and he has rheumatoid arthritis...legal carded patients)growing our medicine in a 6 foot high privacy fenced, locked back yard. Neighbor called the police and we were raided....never even thinking we were doing anything wrong. We thought "other enclosed area equiped with locks" meant we were legal. No problem. Wrong! Now he faces a felony for manufacture and distribution in Livingston County....they are threatening him with prison and the ACLU has taken our case. Since the court of appeals ruled on the case of King, we cannot even use our legal status as MMP's as a defense in trial, can't even mention it or we are in contempt of court. This case will go all the way to the Supreme Court according to our ACLU attorney.

Good luck with your case it's a long roard aheard for sure we were the first here in MI to be raided March of 09 thats how long we are still inn court as of today but tomorrow who knows about that

One day we all will be FREE

Archived