Mmma At Supported Events

hello all

been thinking on this a few days... have heard things like why was the mmma not at an event... well heres what i think may be one issue... the mmma is spread thin right now... there is not a lot of funds to promote its self at possible costly events... this is where i think we need you to become a leader and or driving agent for the mmma... if you think it is needed to be at a event then by all means start a forum for why you feel it would be good for the mmma to be there... i also think if you feel it would help the mmma to have you or say your club in some cases rent the space for the mmma and offer it to the mmma... then we can then make if it has or can afford the materials to be used there... my thought is fliers info like whats new how we can help support patients and a place to help with other ? people may need... we could have some of us there to help with manning the space we could also show how to grow for your self type of info... in this my thinking is were coming up on the spring events like home and garden shows... also we will have local events like balloon events fireworks shows for the 4th of july... later in the summer we have fairs coming up these are good places people meet and look for info and whats going on out in the local communities... the owners for the site and the mmma members will have to mold this but think its a start for the hope in changing peoples minds and getting us out in there places to see we are just like them... hope this helps...

abbe

hello all

been thinking on this a few days... have heard things like why was the mmma not at an event... well heres what i think may be one issue... the mmma is spread thin right now... there is not a lot of funds to promote its self at possible costly events... this is where i think we need you to become a leader and or driving agent for the mmma... if you think it is needed to be at a event then by all means start a forum for why you feel it would be good for the mmma to be there... i also think if you feel it would help the mmma to have you or say your club in some cases rent the space for the mmma and offer it to the mmma... then we can then make if it has or can afford the materials to be used there... my thought is fliers info like whats new how we can help support patients and a place to help with other ? people may need... we could have some of us there to help with manning the space we could also show how to grow for your self type of info... in this my thinking is were coming up on the spring events like home and garden shows... also we will have local events like balloon events fireworks shows for the 4th of july... later in the summer we have fairs coming up these are good places people meet and look for info and whats going on out in the local communities... the owners for the site and the mmma members will have to mold this but think its a start for the hope in changing peoples minds and getting us out in there places to see we are just like them... hope this helps...

abbe

Thanks for your support for me and all of us here on the MMMA site i told lots of people yesterday at the Hash Bash about the Rally May 25 i did not see 1 flyer's i understand why it's the MMMA does not want to support things like the Hash Bash it has been like that from day 1 of this Law thats what is going on We are Medical.

so when other people like Macc comes hear the MMMA don't like it and i understand that also

i was at a Big Macc meeting Friday their were a lot of Lawyers their at least 10 or more they have a plan they are going to help me and Torey out and are Lawyer

and that is all we want is help and support

i can not post every thing on this site i hope you all understand that we just don't want any one to go to jail for Medical Marihuana that has been to the Doc and is sick.

Thanks for your support for me and all of us here on the MMMA site i told lots of people yesterday at the Hash Bash about the Rally May 25 i did not see 1 flyer's i understand why it's the MMMA does not want to support things like the Hash Bash it has been like that from day 1 of this Law thats what is going on We are Medical.

so when other people like Macc comes hear the MMMA don't like it and i understand that also

i was at a Big Macc meeting Friday their were a lot of Lawyers their at least 10 or more they have a plan they are going to help me and Torey out and are Lawyer

and that is all we want is help and support

i can not post every thing on this site i hope you all understand that we just don't want any one to go to jail for Medical Marihuana that has been to the Doc and is sick.

Are you sure your talking about the same MACC Bob? We all here know their only interest is in their businesses. Why in the world would they be willing to spend time and money on a court case relating to doctor/patient relationships and the affirmative defense?

How in the world does Bob's case have anything to do with Patient to Patient?

In the AD, I recall it mentioning an uninterrupted supply, but I don't see how the dispensary's can be hanging their hat on that. I believe patient to patient is derived from the definition of the term "medical use". The definition states that medical use consists of acquiring, possessing, transfer, and delivery. So if both patients are legally allowed to posses it, and both are allowed to transfer it, and both are allowed to acquire it, than whose doing anything wrong?

Correct me if I'm wrong blueberry, but I don't see where Bob's case has ANYTHING to do with patient to patient. And as far as my belief for the future of dispensary's, I think they should exist. It offers choices for patients. I do believe some regulations need to be established, so as to be sure that the patient is entering into a safe location and able to buy safe quality medicine. But I see no reason why the dispensary's shouldn't exist, as long as patients and their caregivers are able to grow their own medicine still. And personally, I don't see how a dispensary could exist if the current caregiver/patient set up, or something similar, ceased to exist. I know several that I have been to buy overages from caregivers looking to get back into their legal limit, and than mark the meds up and pass them onto patients looking for a quick, convenient place to have a choice in the variety of medicines available to them. I believe in this community, there's enough room for both the caregiver system and dispensary's.

Dispensaries models are based on p2p. If they lose this case, they will have a huge problem. The Isabella Case looms large for c2p. So the dispensaries indeed face extinction, if they do not gain the popular support of the movement. We need to discuss the future of dispensaries. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Bb

Let's not forget about those more discrete patients who are not "out" like us, who appreciate what a dispensary offers.

How about working professionals that feel they cannot afford to "come out" for this medicine & this cause? Maybe they think going to a club or meeting some random stranger for a caregiver is too weird? Or a risk to their job? Maybe they just want to go into a nondescript building & be in & out quickly? Quiet support is still support...

But there's an even more urgent group that needs to be accounted for. The ones everyone says "this is who we had in mind when we voted for this". The terminally ill. Picture a family with a terminal, bed ridden member who is not responding to medications. These particular people have had no experience with marijuana in their life & are highly uncomfortable about the idea. But they decide they are going to try it for the sake of the relative, because nothing else is helping. They get the dr. recommendation & sign up with the state as their caregiver. Once they are legal, they are ready to get this medicine for the relative. These people are new to whole thing & most likely feeling intimidated by it all. They also have privacy concerns for whatever personal reasons, so they are not up to going to a CC or market with tons of people. Most importantly, they just want to get that medicine to their loved one as quickly as possible. They are in the same position of needing safe, discreet access that is readily available to them during normal business hours & weekends.

Growing for yourself, CC & farmer's markets are all good things. But they don't work for every single patient. Thanks for asking for our thoughts BB. :D

Archived