Mcdonald's To Hire 50,000 Workers - In 1 Day

EdwardGlen

This makes me sick. What a publicity stunt for them because they are losing buisness. They have such a high turnover rate due to poor emplyment that they cannot keep good people in. Inevitably since its the worst industry for the unskilled there are many who cannot tell the colors black from white that work there that makes it even more of amess.. then you get the privatizing of the varied branches of mcdonalds where the base rules are corporate but the rest is local ran.. where you begin at minimum wage and where managers start at 8 bucks n hour. Where they cap you off at 10bucks n hour. i mean lists of things.. the place i know locally refuses to fire people.. they will cut your hours back till you have none so that eventually you get sick of no income and you quit so they dont have to pay you unemployment.. where they cant give the good workers hours as is but the constant hiring of new people brings more on to take hours that arent there in the first place.. guess where their training hours come from? The crew members already working.. they get their hours cut back for the week to compensate for the trainees.. i mean i could list the crap for days... so essentially its not a way out, its not a very good stepping stone.. it IS better then nothing at all but most of those 50,000 will have left by fall!!!!!!! Thats their turnover rate..

This makes me sick. What a publicity stunt for them because they are losing buisness. They have such a high turnover rate due to poor emplyment that they cannot keep good people in. Inevitably since its the worst industry for the unskilled there are many who cannot tell the colors black from white that work there that makes it even more of amess.. then you get the privatizing of the varied branches of mcdonalds where the base rules are corporate but the rest is local ran.. where you begin at minimum wage and where managers start at 8 bucks n hour. Where they cap you off at 10bucks n hour. i mean lists of things.. the place i know locally refuses to fire people.. they will cut your hours back till you have none so that eventually you get sick of no income and you quit so they dont have to pay you unemployment.. where they cant give the good workers hours as is but the constant hiring of new people brings more on to take hours that arent there in the first place.. guess where their training hours come from? The crew members already working.. they get their hours cut back for the week to compensate for the trainees.. i mean i could list the crap for days... so essentially its not a way out, its not a very good stepping stone.. it IS better then nothing at all but most of those 50,000 will have left by fall!!!!!!! Thats their turnover rate..

So you are against people who have no job getting a bad job and making more than they were when they were not working? Big deal its a bad job at a bad restaurant its better than nothing and its free publicity, and just because you "claim" to know of a place that won't fire people to dodge unemployment doesn't mean they all do I personally know people who were fired from McDonalds. But hey more people not making any money at all is prolly better than a McJob by your standards...

Archived