Explain Yourselves

Well...

Looks like it was right to come here. Within the past hour, the domain in question stopped redirecting to MMMA.org, and now redirects to our Green Bridges page. Noone told us anything about the change, it just happened.

If it was one of you guys that helped, thanks a ton.

Questions still weren't answered, and we're still looking for them, but for now whoever did this saw what they did was wrong.

Well, isn't this interesting. We are not Relief Choices. I guess that is pretty obvious to everyone. We don't engage in any practice that would affect the integrity of the organization or movement. So there goes our motives. It would be stupid to buy a domain that wasn't already receiving traffic and redirect it. It would also be stupid to trade on the fame of your organization, when you are relatively unknown and we are the most recognized organization in the state. So I guess I'm going to ask for any shred of proof that the MMMA has any involvement in your claim. I am sure you are engaging in Libel and I will give you the chance to retract. I'm also going to alter your links so you receive no traffic from us. Thanks, Bb

Libel? I don't think he accused anyone in particular of anything. He stated "I think" which means it is his opinion and not fact. Stating your opinion can never be libel.

As for re-directing traffic, Joe you know that it is VERY common for an organization to buy up domain names that maybe contain minor common errors in them or contain a dot com rather than dot org in order to fully direct traffic to their site when people enter the wrong domain name. One such example is disney dot org. It directs traffic to disney dot com. People don't buy those names BECAUSE they are already receiving traffic because THEY DON'T EXIST until they are bought so there is no way for them to be already receiving traffic. Organizations buy the domains because they know they would be common mistakes and for the sake of a few bucks a year they can have traffic redirected and increase hits on the main website. Google loves hits and that's what they look at when paying you to advertise banner ads. I guess the point is that you can't explain it away as easily as you are trying.

However, with that said, I don't see any indication that the mmma is in bed with ryan richmond, or whatever his name is, so it doesn't seem like the mmma is responsible but let's face it--- someone has some 'splaining to do.

Archived