Newbie Feeling Stupid

Sunnydayz

I don't understand all the terminology here ie. trichromes etc Is there a terminology dictionary here? Also, I have no idea when my plants will be ready to harvest and haven't found anything on it. If I don't know how close they are, how will I know to stop feeding two weeks before? I said I was feeling stupid -so now you know why? ANYONE? My plants are in pro-mix and under 12-12 since Feb 15budding but seems really slow. HELP!

I don't understand all the terminology here ie. trichromes etc Is there a terminology dictionary here? Also, I have no idea when my plants will be ready to harvest and haven't found anything on it. If I don't know how close they are, how will I know to stop feeding two weeks before? I said I was feeling stupid -so now you know why? ANYONE? My plants are in pro-mix and under 12-12 since Feb 15budding but seems really slow. HELP!

what strain are you growing?You are past 8 weeks into 12/12 so prob could harvest unless you are growing a sativa heavy sided plant which can go 11-13 weeks into flower.I reccomend going to radio shack and buying a cheap pocket micro scope I think they are under 10 bucks and clip a crystally leaf near a bud,when you scope in on it you will see what looks like bubbles-if they are clear keep on feeding if they are half milky white half clear start strait water if they are fully milky white you may cut or let go til they turn either a mi of amber and milky white or press on for full amber which will produce a stronger couch locky type of effect when smoked-if im not mistaken THC is at its highest at full white and as the trichomes get more amber the thc degrades but the CBD increases but that could just be something i heard along the way but you will have to experiment to see what works best for you for when to cut-net is dry and then cure-good luck

sunwave4eh.gif

Welcome " Sunnydayz " to MMMA 2.0

Best advice is to pick up the book called :

Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible

http://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Horticulture-Outdoor-Medical-Growers/dp/187882323X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&sr=8-1

This Book will Answer many of your Questions

and is very helpful in saving you MANY Headackes ....

Have a Great Day in the Jungle

yep I would agree.I'm a newbe myself...almost a year now! Read the Bible,join a local compassion club and meet sum new friends.Be leary at grow shop's some of those guy's want to sell ya THE MOON !! remember keep it simple,have fun it's a learning curve...lol

In addition to the MMJ Bible, I would highly recommend getting involved with a local Compassion Club.

Book learning is very important, but being able to talk about issues real-time is invaluable.

The folks at the clubs are more than happy to take time to discuss your grow issues with you face-to-face at the meetings.

Patients helping patients is what it is all about.

I was there 2 years ago. The Marijuana bible was invaluable. Get it, read it, but like others have said, books will only get you so far.

What area are you in? Maybe a seasoned grower would be willing to meet with you and talk some (be careful who you show your room to, but maybe meet and talk). Maybe take some good pictures and show it to them. The local compassion club's would be your best bet, if you have one. In the Grand rapids area I can never find one, but maybe I just don't look hard enough.

The trichomes are the best way to tell when to harvest. Most reliable. They are little balls on the ends of stalks, it is what shows as crystals on the leaves and buds, but they are so small you can't get a good idea about them without a microscope.

However as OD said, if the hairs have all turned red/amber, it is probably time to harvest. However in my last harvest, I was able to get a new burst of bud growth near the end, and ended up with all pretty white hairs when most of my trichs were cloudy/some amber. If you have no other way, go with hairs, but a cheap pocket microscope has a lot of uses and should only be like $25 if that.

You said your in pro-mix? Do you use any nutrients? That could be the slow growth, the plants are starving. I don't grow in soil, but I understand that in soil, all of the nutrients the plant need to flower are consumed about 3 weeks into it. Just be careful not to over fertilize when you do start adding, but if your not adding nutes, you are probably starving them.

One other thing is light leaks. A desk lamp across the room will lower the hormones that the plants use to go into flower, and will decrease yeild, increase time to harvest, it is just bad all around. Pitch black with no visibile light anywhere. I even electrical tape over my power strips so the indicator lights don't show. Might be overkill, but better safe.

Good luck, and it may all seem overwhelming at first, but stick with it and it gets easier every single grow.

Cedar

Ahhhhhhh,thank you all. I may have a light leak. I knew about that but didn't think it was that extreme.

Growing blueberry. I hear it's good for diabetes. The buds at this point are like little popcorns all up the stems. Lots of white hairs, and they are about 6' tall or more including the bucket. I am using some 10-30-18 fertilizer-vegged on 400 watt MH for 6 months cuz I had an intense life going on and had no time to monkey with them. So now they are surely so root bound they won't hold water for anything. I flushed them each with five gallons oif water about a month ago. Put each bucket on top of a metal screen over a huge tub and just flushed away. Didn't seem to change anything but the water(flushed out) was deep amber like strong beer. I wander among them and love feeling thm and just spending time with them-plant lover.

My blueberry used to do that as well, tall and spindly, and little popcorns all over it. I haven't tried growing it again, however my mother is a lot happier.

I would question using a bloom stimulator or something.

How do the leaves look? big fan leaves? Buds won't get enough sugar if the leaves aren't happy.

Archived