also any thoughts on NFT versus individually aerated container growing. As indiviually aerated grow locations have the more constant supply of O2 which is very improtant for not becoming a limiting factor and in the process changing the growth rate to the better end of theoretical growth characteristics depending on enviromental conditions.

If anyone could address, my thoughts on this are NFT seems very sanitary because its a somewhat closed system that affects anaerobic/aerobic bugs keeping minimal or those are the things that my mind thinks, thanks for anyones input.

really am finally enjoying this excellent site.

also any thoughts on NFT versus individually aerated container growing. As indiviually aerated grow locations have the more constant supply of O2 which is very improtant for not becoming a limiting factor and in the process changing the growth rate to the better end of theoretical growth characteristics depending on enviromental conditions.

If anyone could address, my thoughts on this are NFT seems very sanitary because its a somewhat closed system that affects anaerobic/aerobic bugs keeping minimal or those are the things that my mind thinks, thanks for anyones input.

really am finally enjoying this excellent site.

Hi no#12, and welcome to the site! Nutrient Film Technique is an interesting way to grow hydroponically, although I'm not aware of anyone using it for this plant. If you look through the postings, you will see the large root mass which results from a Deep Water Culture. Often, the root mass from a single plant will fill a five gallon bucket by the end of the flower phase. This could prove to be a problem in a somewhat smaller diameter grow tube, and I'm not sure that a film of nutrients running along the bottom of the grow tube will satisfy the plants requirements. As far as introducing a sanitizer to the reservoir... I'd be reluctant. Algae can be controlled by minimizing the amount of light exposure to the nutrient solution. Microbes, both aerobic and anaerobic, are impacted by oxegenated nutrient solution (an air stone) and correct pH. Sanitation can be maintained between plant cycles by washing with a mild bleach solution. The longest I've run a single DWC without sanitizing is probably through the flower and flush, which can approach twelve weeks depending on the strain. I've never encountered a need to sanitize in my DWC, and I always sanitize before introducing new plants.

It will be interesting to learn of your results. Good luck, and keep us posted.

073009-1058-buildinganf1.png

• 2 months later...

will low level peroxide kill the algae without harming the plants?

I sanitized everything but the hoses and airstones and am regretting it now. I have a brownish tan film forming over the air hoses in one of the buckets. no major algae growth on the sides and I am keeping the light out of the buckets

Archived