Mdch No More Date Stamped Hand Delivered Applications

The MDCH just posted the following message on their website:

EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MAY 9, 2011 -- IN AN EFFORT TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND LIMITED STAFFING RESOURCES, THE MEDICAL MARIHUANA REGISTRY PROGRAM WILL NO LONGER DATE-STAMP COPIES OF HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS. APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT BY U.S. MAIL TO THE ADDRESS INDICATED ON THE APPLICATION.

:thumbsd:

Wildman

That's an incorrect title to this thread. To clarify, yes you can still hand-deliver applications and renewals and change forms to the same Lansing location as before (for the time being). But according to this memo, they will no longer date-stamp copies to walk away with as was done up until now.

Here's how to get legal proof of when the MMMP received your application, renewal, or change form. Note - Be sure to make a copy of your application before mailing it.

Go to a post office and pick up one Certified Mail form and one Signature Return Card, together costing about $5.10. You also buy First Class postage for your envelope so it'll run about $6. Staple the dated, paid Certified Mail receipt to all copies of your application or renewal as legal proof of mailing. Fill out the Certified Mail form addressed to:

MDCH - MMMP

PO Box 30083

Lansing, MI 48909

Next, fill out the green postcard-like Signature Reply Card so the return side has your own mail address to receive it, and fill out the destination address to:

MDCH - MMMP

PO Box 30083

Lansing, MI 48909

Next, transfer from the Certified Mail form the thin strip of tracking numbers peeled from the top of the backing paper; attach the numbered strip to the bottom of the Sig. Reply Card where indicated. Next, check the box on the Sig. Reply card indicating it was sent as Certified Mail. Finally, your Certified Mail receipt tracking number lets you see when papers arrive at the MDCH. Go to USPS.com for tracking info. In some days you will receive back the green Signature Reply Card having a dated, signed proof of receipt for your papers by the MDCH. Staple the green postcard to your application as proof of receipt. Don't forget to staple on it also a copy of your cashed check for fee payment.

Quick question.... a potential patient has paperwork signed last year before the Snyder's Dept of licensing and regulatory affairs took over but has not been able to mail it due to finances. Should she still mail to the same place listed on the forms that were available back then? Has the app actually changed since Snyder?

Quick question.... a potential patient has paperwork signed last year before the Snyder's Dept of licensing and regulatory affairs took over but has not been able to mail it due to finances. Should she still mail to the same place listed on the forms that were available back then? Has the app actually changed since Snyder?

I'm not sure on that either and am kind of worried about it. I am up for renewal anytime and wondering if I should hurry up and do it now (also short of funds) or wait until after the change. I expire July 1st. :thumbsd:

Wildman

That's an incorrect title to this thread. To clarify, yes you can still hand-deliver applications and renewals and change forms to the same Lansing location as before (for the time being). But according to this memo, they will no longer date-stamp copies to walk away with as was done up until now.

Here's how to get legal proof of when the MMMP received your application, renewal, or change form. Note - Be sure to make a copy of your application before mailing it.

Go to a post office and pick up one Certified Mail form and one Signature Return Card, together costing about $5.10. You also buy First Class postage for your envelope so it'll run about $6. Staple the dated, paid Certified Mail receipt to all copies of your application or renewal as legal proof of mailing. Fill out the Certified Mail form addressed to:

MDCH - MMMP

PO Box 30083

Lansing, MI 48909

Next, fill out the green postcard-like Signature Reply Card so the return side has your own mail address to receive it, and fill out the destination address to:

MDCH - MMMP

PO Box 30083

Lansing, MI 48909

Next, transfer from the Certified Mail form the thin strip of tracking numbers peeled from the top of the backing paper; attach the numbered strip to the bottom of the Sig. Reply Card where indicated. Next, check the box on the Sig. Reply card indicating it was sent as Certified Mail. Finally, your Certified Mail receipt tracking number lets you see when papers arrive at the MDCH. Go to USPS.com for tracking info. In some days you will receive back the green Signature Reply Card having a dated, signed proof of receipt for your papers by the MDCH. Staple the green postcard to your application as proof of receipt. Don't forget to staple on it also a copy of your cashed check for fee payment.

If a mod wants to edit the title of the thread, its cool with me. I looked and am not sure if I can edit it myself.

Peace,

Wildman

I also received a call yesterday and today from Southfield's THCF clinic they informed me that Lansing will no longer be sending out renewal papers and that your clinic takes care of all that now so Lansing can save mailing fees whether or not theres any validity to this i don't know but ill find out more on Friday during my renewal appointment. :thumbsu:

Guest Happy Guy

They should all be mailed now. No one should ever drop one off without recognition that you did. So there really is no more hand delivery option for patients.

Quick question.... a potential patient has paperwork signed last year...but has not been able to mail it due to finances. Should she still mail to the same place listed on the forms that were available back then? Has the app actually changed since Snyder?

First off, the signature is valid for 90 from dated signed. Don't send in a stale signature as it's cause for being denied.

Next, yes applications still are to be mailed to the MDCH. They have not yet changed the forms although I expect they will revise them. The website has changed and now shows the MMMP reports to the D-LARA.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived