Legal Marijuana Smuggling

nthlghts

Well it is now legal to smuggle mj into the country, please refer to highlighted text. As long as you follow the law and are under 750 kilos, your good!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/03/sheriff-testifies-border-patrol-agents-ordered-reduce-arrests-illegal/?test=latestnews?test=latestnews

The Border Patrol’s practice of detecting but not apprehending illegal immigrants -- known as “Turn Back South” -- is in effect far north of the U.S.-Mexico border, Arizona Sheriff Larry Dever claimed in congressional testimony Tuesday morning.

“It appears, according to numerous reports from current and former border agents, that this practice has gravitated many miles north of the border. That means that, regardless of proximity to the border, people who are detected but not caught are considered to be “Turned Back South,” Dever said in his written testimony before the Homeland Security Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security.

Last month, FoxNews.com first reported that Dever said he’d been told by Border Patrol officials, including at least one senior supervisor, that they have been ordered to reduce and to sometimes stop arresting people attempting to cross into the U.S. illegally.

Homeland Security officials, including Border Patrol Chief Michael Fisher, have repeatedly denied these claims, but a flood of current and retired Border Patrol agents from across the country continue to come forward with details of their own that support Dever’s initial remarks.

Dever leveled another new charge: That TBS-ing is going on within the American judicial system.

“There are policies in place that establish thresholds for quantities of drugs and numbers of illegal aliens before consideration for prosecution can be entertained. In at least one Federal District in Texas, if you are caught smuggling less than 750 kilos of marijuana, you will not be subjected to prosecution,” Dever wrote, citing several examples.

“TBS occurs at many levels and is quickly assimilated into the understanding of the bad guys on how to game the system.”

Committee Vice Chairman Ben Quayle pressed Dever on prosecutorial smuggling thresholds toward the end of the 90-minute hearing.

Dever responded with a case in which someone in the U.S. illegally had been deported 23 times but never charged.

On Tuesday, during the same hearing, Border Patrol Deputy Chief Ron Vitiello wrote in his testimony:

“While there is still work to be done, every key measure shows we are making significant progress along the Southwest border. Border Patrol apprehensions have decreased 36 percent in the past two years, and are less than a third of what they were at their peak.”

He was not questioned by committee members about TBS-ing, though that was not the focus of the hearing on cooperation between local and federal law enforcement at the border.

After the hearing, Dever told FoxNews.com that he thought the hearing had gone “okay.”

“They could’ve been a little more difficult. They could’ve asked more difficult questions,” Dever said, adding that he’d hoped the committee members would’ve asked more about the TBS part of his submitted testimony.

“That was something that they could’ve delved into, but they didn’t,” he said.

“It was pretty much hands off, it wasn’t a game of hardball.”

Fox News has a huge credibility problem with they way report the 'news' as being confirmed or having proofs they never seem to share. I do not believe anything reported by that cable channel

http://mediamatters.org/mobile/research/201104220016

Fox Falsely Claims It Has "Confirmed" That "Feds Ordered Not To Arrest Illegals"

April 22, 2011 3:14 pm ET

Guest Happy Guy

Of course they just deport and don't prosecute! Why would you want the government to spend a bunch of money on court procedings that might just lead to free housing and food in the jail? Some of these wet back mules might think jail is heaven compared to how they live in Mexico. You have to really think about these things before you protest what is going on. What good could come from prosecuting a poor, homeless, wetback? You wouldn't want the government wasting money now would you? Then FOX might have something to report about. They are really grasping at straws these days....

Of course they just deport and don't prosecute! Why would you want the government to spend a bunch of money on court procedings that might just lead to free housing and food in the jail? Some of these wet back mules might think jail is heaven compared to how they live in Mexico. You have to really think about these things before you protest what is going on. What good could come from prosecuting a poor, homeless, wetback? You wouldn't want the government wasting money now would you? Then FOX might have something to report about. They are really grasping at straws these days....

Are you nothing but a law skirting, dirty, pothead? No, then please quit calling people names. I understand they came here illegally, but its no reason to call them wetbacks is it?

Guest Happy Guy

Are you nothing but a law skirting, dirty, pothead? No, then please quit calling people names. I understand they came here illegally, but its no reason to call them wetbacks is it?

Dude. I used to live in San Antonio. We call them that because they were still wet from crossing the river when they ran across our yard. Wet Backs. You can twist it as ugly as you would like to. It's just a description of their condition.

It's like saying I smell like pot. SO WHAT? It is true.

Dude. I used to live in San Antonio. We call them that because they were still wet from crossing the river when they ran across our yard. Wet Backs. You can twist it as ugly as you would like to. It's just a description of their condition.

It's like saying I smell like pot. SO WHAT? It is true.

I dont think it like saying you smell like pot dude, get real. So in the sense, anybody that jumps into or crosses a body of water is a wet back?

Guest Happy Guy

I dont think it like saying you smell like pot dude, get real. So in the sense, anybody that jumps into or crosses a body of water is a wet back?

It is just descriptive. It's a way of saying they are fresh borders crossers. Not having time to dry yet. That's what it means to me. If a Canadian crossed a ditch to get here he would be a wetback also if he was still a 'freshy'. You are feigning outrage.

Guest Happy Guy

Fair enough. Sorry if I offended anyone. Doesn't change my valid point though. Just replace 'wetback' with 'a person that has just crossed the border, who isn't a citizen, for the purpose other than legal naturalization'. There you go. The facts remain the same but the wording is more verbose.

I am not a Fox "Denier".

So if 750 Kilo is the arrest threshold, that means that the Mexican Cartel knows that they can send in "mules" [ I hope noone is offended by that term]carrying 700 kilos x 1000=700,000 gms divided by [28 x 16oz/lb] = approximately 1500 lbs without any fear of incarceration except for a one-way PAID ticket back to good ole Mexico.

Assuming that the "mule" can sell this 1500LB at $200.00 oz, this translates into $200. x 16 x 1500 = $4,800,000. per trip tax free !!!!!

That sounds like ONE HELL OF AN INDUCEMENT for further criminal activity !!!!

Where can I sign up ???? [LOL]

Dr. Jinx

[Pardon the earlier math error....I was in too much of a hurry].

I am not a Fox "Denier".

So if 750 Kilo is the arrest threshold, that means that the Mexican Cartel knows that they can send in "mules" [ I hope noone is offended by that term]carrying 700 kilos x 1000=700,000 gms divided by [28 x 16oz/lb] = approximately 1500 lbs without any fear of incarceration except for a one-way PAID ticket back to good ole Mexico.

Assuming that the "mule" can sell this 1500LB at $200.00 oz, this translates into $200. x 16 x 1500 = $4,800,000. per trip tax free !!!!!

That sounds like ONE HELL OF AN INDUCEMENT for further criminal activity !!!!

Where can I sign up ???? [LOL]

Dr. Jinx

[Pardon the earlier math error....I was in too much of a hurry].

I don't think you'll find that statement in the article, that the indigenous capitalist entrepreneur was allowed to keep his Hard Earned Commissions. They were forfeited to the Government Cartel of the Current Government before receiving his return ticket home.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Archived