Yellowing During Buding

freddie365

Yellowing is usually a sign of Nitrogen deficiency but it can also mean there is a problem causing nutrient lockout which can be caused by bad ph or salt build ups or root problems. Yellowing late in flower is fine as you want the plant to use up all its chlorophyll. Humidity issues usually don`t cause any yellowing. If you are using RO water try using calmag or a little epsom salt. When you have these problems flush them real good with Phd water and check for other problems. Peace, Afi

Hate to say it, but could also be spider mites.

I saw a different thread where someone asked why his leafes were yellowing. Turned out he had a bad spider mite problem and almost took his entire crop.

Its probley nothing that serious, more likely one of the above symptoms.

Pics would help get an accurate answer.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not jump on the mite train just because the leaf's are yellow...could be strain as stated above, or just could be time in flower. I suggest flushing with pure h2o and slowly bring the ppm's back up. I know it sucks when things happen in flower, because you are directly impacting your harvest, but its better to finish with something rather than nothing.

Lots of things can cause early yellowing. A deficiency in N, cal, mag, and i think even K, can cause early yellowing plus a excess of these could look the same. The a build up of sulfates (salts) can cause early senescing rather than the more normal end of flower type. You have to look at your methods to narrow it down......shredder

Lots of things can cause early yellowing. A deficiency in N, cal, mag, and i think even K, can cause early yellowing plus a excess of these could look the same.

Deficiency and excess do look a lot alike. I thought I had a N deficiency with the leaves yellowing. I gave it just a tad more N and boom N toxicity which killed it. Believe me it only takes a little to do this... Although, I have a White Widow that I could run over with a truck and dump acid rain on it. It just keeps asking for more and gets bigger and bigger. Can't wait for harvest on that one! 2 more weeks.

Deficiency and excess do look a lot alike. I thought I had a N deficiency with the leaves yellowing. I gave it just a tad more N and boom N toxicity which killed it. Believe me it only takes a little to do this... Although, I have a White Widow that I could run over with a truck and dump acid rain on it. It just keeps asking for more and gets bigger and bigger. Can't wait for harvest on that one! 2 more weeks.

I just finished my first indoor plant and it is White Widow. I am not a big fan of W.W. but the plant was gave to me. It has been to hell and back with me being a newbie and that girl held out for me. Nothing I did seemed to kill her and althought she was not HUGE she still have me 2oz.. I will always suggest W.W. as a good starter plant.

Archived