Dont Make The Same Mistake I Did

Side note- certification that the state 'received' your paperwork means just that....they 'received' your paperwork. This does not certify or guarantee that they 'approved' the 'received' paperwork. I believe it was stated that you would be ok with that chain of evidence, but just so its clear there is no evidence in that chain of paperwork that lets anyone know that the state 'approved' you it just means there is eveidence that the mailman delivered your mail.

Remember, lawyers are human too.

I trust that you are confident in your information but the "standard" is proof of check cashed. Wether it is right or wrong that is the standard i have to measure up to.

My CG is not the issue here, I want to get into the compassion club to meet some people. It will only take a week or two for my new CG form to be received and check cashed so I can wait if I have to but Id rather not

Reread the law. The standard is receipt of application. Anything else is something made up from thin air. That doesn't mean everyone will want to cooperate and treat you as the legal patient that you are...

Tell you what, I'll send a 'certified letter' to the MMMP, asking if they have seen my lost sense of purpose in life. Does that mean they have my application? Hey I have the receipt....

Send a personal check, that assures they have it and it is an application fee. That is my advice. It is the safest and best way to do it, all the others give you is a good argument for your case. My suggestion (and the original poster's) is the clearest and safest.

Dr. Bob

Guest Happy Guy

Tell you what, I'll send a 'certified letter' to the MMMP, asking if they have seen my lost sense of purpose in life. Does that mean they have my application? Hey I have the receipt....

Send a personal check, that assures they have it and it is an application fee. That is my advice. It is the safest and best way to do it, all the others give you is a good argument for your case. My suggestion (and the original poster's) is the clearest and safest.

Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob,

He would have his completed application and proof he sent it certified mail. Why would he send anything other than his application in? Of course he sent it. I could see your point if he only had a receipt and not the original application. But having both, it would be ridiculous to think he sent something else to MDCH.

Did you ask an attorney? I did. Of course you should send a personal check if you have an account. The patient doesn't need the canceled check to start counting the 20 days or to verify he sent his application in. It's just good back up to have the check too, it's not required as proof if you have a certified mail receipt and tracking number.

Dr. Bob,

He would have his completed application and proof he sent it certified mail. Why would he send anything other than his application in? Of course he sent it. I could see your point if he only had a receipt and not the original application. But having both, it would be ridiculous to think he sent something else to MDCH.

Did you ask an attorney? I did. Of course you should send a personal check if you have an account. The patient doesn't need the canceled check to start counting the 20 days or to verify he sent his application in. It's just good back up to have the check too, it's not required as proof if you have a certified mail receipt and tracking number.

certified mail and a tracking number only indicates they got 'something' from you, ridiculous or not a cancelled check for the fee is the best proof they got the application from you. Common sense, our reading of the law, and advice from an attorney about what 'should' be enough proof is simply an argument to use if you are questioned. So is my advice. Readers can take it as they may. If I was sending it in for me, I'd send a check and use that as my proof. If I was a prosecutor, I would question simply having a receipt and make YOU prove it represented you sending a signed application. And I would have trouble 'finding' your application at the department due to the privacy provisions of the law.

Dr. Bob

Guest Happy Guy

certified mail and a tracking number only indicates they got 'something' from you, ridiculous or not a cancelled check for the fee is the best proof they got the application from you. Common sense, our reading of the law, and advice from an attorney about what 'should' be enough proof is simply an argument to use if you are questioned. So is my advice. Readers can take it as they may. If I was sending it in for me, I'd send a check and use that as my proof. If I was a prosecutor, I would question simply having a receipt and make YOU prove it represented you sending a signed application. And I would have trouble 'finding' your application at the department due to the privacy provisions of the law.

Dr. Bob

Like I said before, I asked an attorney. Everybody doesn't have a checking account. We need something that everybody can do. Meet the burden of proof. Please don't raise the bar. Thanks.

Why do you need it? TO buy meds? If you can call the number on the recpt to get audio proof the MO has been cashed, maybe you could sit down with your CG and they could call the number. With all your other docs that should be good.

You're not going to be able to go to the store.

I agree here, I used a WU money order when I submitted my application certified of course. I got the notice back from the post office saying they got it and while it DOES say on WU's website and behind the receipt that it would take a fee and a long time to track it, if you just call the phone number on the back and enter the serial number to the money order they can instantly give you a confirmation whether or not it was cashed and the date as well. I'm sure this is proof enough for the extra cautious cgs out there.

As for myself now I'm on the last step of finding the best method of procuring some meds whether it be dispensary, p2p transfers, or something else. Good luck to everyone else with their applications.

Archived