Azamax And Predatory Mites

strudel

Hi, got the darn plague in my garden. Well... not that bad. We noticed some friends had joined us for dinner and had taken one plant of ours. The buggers had made their way to a few others and the battle was on. I used Bon-Neem and bathed them all for the first treatment, Azamax as a foliar and drench the second treatment. Zero Tolerance Organic Pesticide the third treatment. I want to do another Azamax tomorrow before the predatory mites are brought in. It looks like we may have this under some control as we very throughly bathed and sprayed and lost a few nights of sleep over these jerks.

Now my questions is.... how long do I have to wait to introduce the predators with out killing them with the present Azamax?

I am hoping that they are gone. I have also read about the Mite-Away and I would like to add that to the mix. I am nervous that if I narrow to too few products I will build resistant bugs. Sigh.... aside from burning the garage...any other suggestions?

thanks from the NewB....

That Azamax is the shyte!

I'm going to be spraying my plants all summer long with this stuff. Works great from what I've seen.

I thought you were supposed to use the Azamax to kill the mites and spray again a week later to get the eggs that hatched since the initial spray.

I've never used the predators. Haven't had to yet, at least.

Azamax is both a foilar spray and feed. You add it to your feeding regiment. I usually use it during the 'water, water' stage of the 'feed, water, water'.

Azamax works on mites, not on the eggs. The reason the eggs can fail - is the mites get confused, don't work, and don't care for the eggs. You would still be wise to find a spray to combat the eggs. Otherwise, what will happen, is the eggs will hatch, and the new mites will try to eat the plant - which is now inoculated because you FEED it neem oil (azamax is neem oil) So now - the new mites have no food. This feeding inoculation takes several weeks of feeding to work.

I am not sure why azamax would be a problem if you are going to introduce predators to the garden - they should not eat the plant - thats bad! Of course you should wait for the foilar spray to dry - or even consider a clean water spray 4 hours later. You should conduct foilar sprays under weaker light (dimmable ballast), or when the lights are just coming on.

I avoid using foilar spray by mid flower, you have too many deep crevices where chemicals can pool, or wet can sit too long. I have seen bommbs work at this stage, since bombs deeply permeat the air with chemicals, it gets everywhere. Preclude and Pyrithum TR are examples. Bombs you have to consider the dangerous chemical BPO and use wisely.

-DN

The active ingredient in neem, mite rid, azamax and others is azadirachtin. Dyna grow neem has 1500 ppm azadirachtin, organic neem from neem resource has something like 4500ppm azadirachtin. I mix my neem oil with karanja oil from the same place. Karanja oil works in a similar way.

http://www.neemresource.com/

I emulsify the mix with liquid silica and a small shot of dr bronners liquid soap. This breaks up the oils for even coverage. The silica also strengthens the leafs and the plant itself and that is helpful when fighting bugs too. I spray at lights out because light degrades neem and it's derivatives, as does heat. The left over spray mix is used as a drench. The plants will take up the azadirachtin from the oil or meal for systemic coverage.

I also use the neem cake from the same place. Neem cake = neem meal. It is 6% azadirachtin. I mix it with the soil mix. I mix in crab meal for it's insect fighting abilities as well. Crab meal is made up of chitin, the same thing as a lot of bug exoskeletons. The crab meal attracts bacteria that eats it and it also eats bug bodies made from chitin. Both these meals have some NPK values, so if you use them keep this in mind.

So far I've only used this system on a minor mite infestation, but it worked well, i sprayed twice, the second time was three weeks in flower, I never seen another mite. Just something to consider......shredder

I've got the neem oil and the Azamax.

I use the Azamax in both the flower room and the veg room and the neem oil just in the veg room.

Also, as I'm flushing my plants to move them from veg to flower, I'll give them a nice neem oil solution shower a day or two before I move them over.

I figure that's the last time I can get that added protection in. You're not supposed to use the pure neem oil in Flower from what I've read and been told.

Does the Azamax have such a small amount of neem oil? Is that why they say it's safe to use in flower. Heck, they say all the way until the day of harvest!

I've got the neem oil and the Azamax.

I use the Azamax in both the flower room and the veg room and the neem oil just in the veg room.

Also, as I'm flushing my plants to move them from veg to flower, I'll give them a nice neem oil solution shower a day or two before I move them over.

I figure that's the last time I can get that added protection in. You're not supposed to use the pure neem oil in Flower from what I've read and been told.

Does the Azamax have such a small amount of neem oil? Is that why they say it's safe to use in flower. Heck, they say all the way until the day of harvest!

I don't know what neem oil brand you have, and it is different from brand to brand. But let's say you have Dyna grow neem, it's a good neem source and you can find it most places. The active ingredient, azadirachtin is at 1500ppm in dyna grow neem. This neem oil works fairly well and your leafs actually look like they enjoy a good spraying, but it does smell a bit, so i would only use it up to early flower say three weeks in. I assume you could taste what you smell late in flower. But neem has much more in it that just azadirachtin, so in some ways it is better than azamax. But azamax works well and has little to no smell. But it is just azadirachtin. So i wouod use the azamax late in flower.

But whatever you have, do a light spray on a schedule, wether you see mites or not, and you will have less mite problems.

Archived