Marijuana Activists Crash White House Webpage In Response To Doj Threats

Marijuana Activists Crash White House Webpage In Response To DOJ Threats

By Scott Morgan

On Tuesday, I asked the enormous online community at reddit.com to help send a message to the President in response to the recent federal effort to shut down medical marijuana programs around the country. Reddit users voted to make this issue a top priority, resulting in an absolutely massive viral letter-writing campaign directed at Obama’s website WhiteHouse.gov.

Only the White House could tell us how many messages they received, but if this is any indication, I think we got their attention:

White House Marijuana Campaign

This sort of temporary malfunction is common when major sites like reddit suddenly send large volumes of traffic to places that aren’t ready for it. Few people reported encountering this problem, but the fact that it happened at all is an extraordinary exhibit in the success of our efforts.

We no longer have to ask ourselves whether the White House is aware of our disgust at the great medical marijuana betrayal that’s unfolded before us in recent months. If anyone in the Obama Administration thought the passing of time or the perpetual abundance of political distractions would divide or disperse us, they know now that the President will continue to be held accountable for the promises he made on medical marijuana policy. Whatever steps he plans to take towards placating us before 2012 – and he’d better have something in mind – will be hard to sell after violating the only positive marijuana policy position he had the integrity to embrace in ’08.

This battle is officially back on, and this time around it will be Obama who must answer to the sick and dying patients who helped him on the campaign trail four years ago by publicly humiliating Romney, Giuliani, and McCain. Why the Obama Administration has allowed things to come to this is honestly beyond me, but I can promise you one thing:there is no constituency of American voters calling on the President to continue Bush’s senseless war on medical marijuana. Obama must choose between siding with a few angry prosecutors and narcs defending their despicable livelihood, or standing with the towering majority of Americans who want to leave medical marijuana decisions in the hands of patients and their doctors.

There is no reason, politically, practically, or morally, why the compassionate policy the President promised us cannot be upheld. Until it is, the same social media tools that helped Obama get elected will be used instead to amplify our dismay at his shameful failure to deliver on what should be one of the easiest issues in American politics today.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-10:00p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney Michael Komorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, please email them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try to answer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Nu

I especially applaud this line :

"....the same social media tools that helped Obama get elected will be used instead to amplify our dismay at his shameful failure to deliver on what should be one of the easiest issues in American politics today."

Dr. Jinx

Guest Happy Guy

This sort of temporary malfunction is common when major sites like reddit suddenly send large volumes of traffic to places that aren’t ready for it. Few people reported encountering this problem, but the fact that it happened at all is an extraordinary exhibit in the success of our efforts.

PBGC in Washington was down too. :blink:

Common wisdom has the ability of the public to be swayed by major news limited to about six weeks.

Therefore a move in this area should take place within the six week window before the '12 election.

Closer will have better impact. So I figure Mid October Obama will make a move to make changes at the federal level.

If he fails to make such a move, he will not get reelected. Period.

The exception would be if terrorists were to start a major war against the US in that same time frame. The people of the US gather and unify when we are attacked. This COULD get him re elected. Hopefully that would be out of the control of Obama.

What he can control is the DEA. He is the commander of the DEA. The top officer. He can issue them direct orders that they are required to obey.

Such as "stop resisting efforts to reschedule marijuana." or "I am ordering the DEA to begin the rescheduling process." In his elected place, Obama doesn't have to ask congress.

He cal also just issue an order to stop enforcing all federal marijuana laws. Not quite as legally compelling .. but he doesn't seem to be to concerned about that kind of thing.

If millions of people demand justice, and the feds, or any agency or whoever, tries to retaliate, it'll look really bad on them, heck, they're doing their best now to squash us, and it only hurts their image, wasting money, manpower and resources, going after sick people. The owrd has spread about their abuse, and WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE! We ARE LEGAL, WE OBEY THE LAW! THEY ARE BREAKING IT! Simple as that! The REAL SICK ONES are THEM! Anyone who has the audacity to pick on a sick person, their providers and others associated with them, needs serious psychiatric help! The PEOPLE are much more Compassionate than govt, and they're SICK AND TIRED of being sick and tired! Thank goodness someone's taken the initiative to SPEAK OUT! :goodjob:

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!!! WE VOTED FOR COMPASSION, NOT ABUSE!!! See you on the 25th!

Sb

Guest Happy Guy

Common wisdom has the ability of the public to be swayed by major news limited to about six weeks.

Therefore a move in this area should take place within the six week window before the '12 election.

Closer will have better impact. So I figure Mid October Obama will make a move to make changes at the federal level.

The exception would be if terrorists were to start a major war against the US in that same time frame. The people of the US gather and unify when we are attacked. This COULD get him re elected. Hopefully that would be out of the control of Obama.

What he can control is the DEA. He is the commander of the DEA. The top officer. He can issue them direct orders that they are required to obey.

Such as "stop resisting efforts to reschedule marijuana." or "I am ordering the DEA to begin the rescheduling process." In his elected place, Obama doesn't have to ask congress.

He cal also just issue an order to stop enforcing all federal marijuana laws. Not quite as legally compelling .. but he doesn't seem to be to concerned about that kind of thing.

Rescheduling of cannabis? I believe you will get that, for what it's worth.

I wouldn't expect Obama to stop warning states about their greedy plans to use medical cannabis patients as cash cows. At least, I hope not. Maybe those patients in Arizona will get to keep growing even longer.....

Maybe they can grow until they die? Not suffer because they can't grow. Coming to the state you live in...

Guest Happy Guy

If millions of people demand justice, and the feds, or any agency or whoever, tries to retaliate, it'll look really bad on them, heck, they're doing their best now to squash us, and it only hurts their image, wasting money, manpower and resources, going after sick people. The owrd has spread about their abuse, and WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE! We ARE LEGAL, WE OBEY THE LAW! THEY ARE BREAKING IT! Simple as that! The REAL SICK ONES are THEM! Anyone who has the audacity to pick on a sick person, their providers and others associated with them, needs serious psychiatric help! The PEOPLE are much more Compassionate than govt, and they're SICK AND TIRED of being sick and tired! Thank goodness someone's taken the initiative to SPEAK OUT! :goodjob:

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!!! WE VOTED FOR COMPASSION, NOT ABUSE!!! See you on the 25th!

Sb

Do you have some specific accounts of how THEY are SQUASHING... US? Who is us and what is being squashed? I believe it is at the state level that the squashing is going on. For example Jones here. And Arizona is a state sponsored problem, among other states.

Do you have some specific accounts of how THEY are SQUASHING... US? Who is us and what is being squashed? I believe it is at the state level that the squashing is going on. For example Jones here. And Arizona is a state sponsored problem, among other states.

It is an obvious and open fact that the 'Federal' government supports the 'state' governments with both money to local and state police departments AND 'legal' resources through the DOJ.

That is the 'THEY' and the 'FEAR' that is generated and perpetuated by 'them' is the 'method' used to 'SQUASH' the thoughts and efforts of MANY that would otherwise use a medically beneficial substance (MMJ), a substance that is only kept 'illegal' because of the money that can be made by 'both' sides in an archaic and senseless status quo system based on power and control.

Just my opinion of course, but I believe the facts support it.

Pb,

Excellent points IMHO.

Thanks for presenting them.

Guest Happy Guy

It is an obvious and open fact that the 'Federal' government supports the 'state' governments with both money to local and state police departments AND 'legal' resources through the DOJ.

That is the 'THEY' and the 'FEAR' that is generated and perpetuated by 'them' is the 'method' used to 'SQUASH' the thoughts and efforts of MANY that would otherwise use a medically beneficial substance (MMJ), a substance that is only kept 'illegal' because of the money that can be made by 'both' sides in an archaic and senseless staus quo system based on power and control.

Just my opinion of course, but I believe the facts support it.

I asked for specific actions. Who got squashed near you by the feds and why?

I asked for specific actions. Who got squashed near you by the feds and why?

Happy G.,

Perhaps you missed the part of my post where I pointed out tha FACT that the 'FEDERAL GOVERNMENT 'directly and specifically' supports the efforts of local police departments.

Can you deny that 'local' police have NOT SQUASHED MMJ people, as in Oakland County for an example?

AND Oakland County is VERY NEAR me... and I can't be sure, but I would guess that Oakland County might not be that far from you and many OTHER MMJ patients?

Many times geographical space does not seperate us as much as our own beliefs and perceptions do.

AND THEN there are always the facts to fall back on.

Guest Happy Guy

Happy G.,

Perhaps you missed the part of my post where I pointed out tha FACT that the 'FEDERAL GOVERNMENT 'directly and specifically' supports the efforts of local police departments.

Can you deny that 'local' police have NOT SQUASHED MMJ people, as in Oakland County for an example?

AND Oakland County is VERY NEAR me... and I can't be sure, but I would guess that Oakland County might not be that far from you and many OTHER MMJ patients?

Many times geographical space does not seperate us as much as our own beliefs and perceptions do.

AND THEN there are always the facts to fall back on.

So you want to blame everything the states do on the feds. I'm trying to separate the two and you are lumping it all together.

So you want to blame everything the states do on the feds. I'm trying to separate the two and you are lumping it all together.

There IS no SEPERATING the two.

There is only the 'seperating' of individual ISSUES, legal and monetary (taxes. etc.) for functional, operational purposes.

And the ISSUES are on multi-levels, the 'local, state AND the FEDERAL.

And one of the 'major issues' is our MMM Act and the way that it is enforced or the 'lack' of enforcement.

But to say that what occurs here in OUR state is NOT directly and concretely affected by 'Federal' enfluence is to activily ignore the FEDERAL governments impact UPON our laws and their enforcement (MMM Act, etc.).

And to imply that we here in Michigan shouldn't try to have an effect upon FEDERAL legislation and law enforcement issues because it might detract from action on 'local' issues here in Michagan is like saying that MMJ patients and other citizens in Michigan can't walk and chew gun at the same time.

We got the MMM Act passed didn't we? And THAT envolved working with a wide range of agencies from all across America.

Guest Happy Guy

There IS no SEPERATING the two.

There is only the 'seperating' of individual ISSUES, legal and monetary (taxes. etc.) for functional, operational purposes.

And the ISSUES are on multi'levals, the 'local, state AND the FEDERAL.

And one of the 'major issues' is our MMM Act and the way that it is enforced or the 'lack' of enforcement.

But to say that what occurs here in OUR state is NOT directly and concretely affected by 'Federal' enfluence is to activily ignore the FEDERAL governments impact UPON our laws and their enforcement (MMM Act, etc.).

And to imply that we here in Michigan shouldn't try to have an effect upon FEDERAL legislation and law enforcement issues because it might detract from action on 'local' issues here in Michagan is like saying that MMJ patients and other citizens in Michigan can't walk and chew gun at the same time.

We got the MMM Act passed didn't we? And THAT envolved working with a wide range of agencies from all across America.

Problem solving works better when you isolate the problem.

When the feds send states a memo telling them that what they are doing is not going to fly, you definitely see some separation. If you want to be constructive solving the medical cannabis problems patients face, then you need to be specific when looking for answers.

For example, it's not going to help with the Mich Sen. Jones problem by sending a letter to the feds.

It's not going to help Arizona patients getting to keep their grow rights by sending a letter to the feds.

Those are specific examples of problems that are in the states and the feds don't have their hand in creating these problems. The states are creating these problems all on their own. I'm asking for examples of problems the feds are creating all on their own.

Problem solving works better when you isolate the problem.

When the feds send states a memo telling them that what they are doing is not going to fly, you definitely see some separation. If you want to be constructive solving the medical cannabis problems patients face, then you need to be specific when looking for answers.

For example, it's not going to help with the Mich Sen. Jones problem by sending a letter to the feds.

It's not going to help Arizona patients getting to keep their grow rights by sending a letter to the feds.

Those are specific examples of problems that are in the states and the feds don't have their hand in creating these problems. The states are creating these problems all on their own. I'm asking for examples of problems the feds are creating all on their own.

Your points are well taken and I, for one, sincerely appreciate your effort to define the issues to be be acted upon.

Thank you.

This is a very good discussion. As far as I can see, as long as the feds hold onto their position and the states can hide behind fed law, it seems to be connected. The points about separating the issues is valid though, and makes sense to me.

This is my take on it: If an agency disagrees with the state's position that Cannabis can be used medicinally and legally, all they have to do is cry "it's illegal under federal law." Thus they invoke that law to prevent themselves from being soft on the issue. They'd rather be tough, they'd rather present this supposedly strong image, than to be Compassionate. I still believe the state has the right to enact laws and implement them. Oh if only our state would IMPLEMENT the law! They can't pick and choose which laws to follow, just as WE can't.

Sb

Archived