Landlord Changes Mind: Everything Out By Saturday

grewett

as he terms the DEA; the Freds. Friday was May 20, this is posted May 22, building to-be-cleared date is 27th. He did a walk around on Friday and caught stagnant odor in low areas about the outside building and ordered us to clear everything out by end of week, May 27. Everything is in flowering. Day 34 of 56 days. Legal numbers and cards. I know abvout the equipment, just remove it to storage. But how best to rescue value in whats growing? What yields best the most salable product rom immature indca flowers. Make hash? Bubble QWISO? Dry Ice? Press Simpson Oil?

Or canna-butter butter? Need any insight to lessen this event.

Grewett,

thats a tough spot bro, sorry to hear bout your luck. I personally would not tempt the landlord to get me in trouble, as he was a good enough guy just to be upfront and come to you himself instead of getting LEO all involved like he had no idea what was going on inside or something.

Maybe you could save some top nugs to smoke on and process the rest into whatever you can get the best return out of personally...Sure you had lots of cheese and time invested so you gotta get what you can get for your costs back out of it. Best of luck bro, be safe

2Dog

Guest ODAWADANNY

Its easier to tear a grow down that to set one up .. Back in the overgrow.com days I remember having a issue that caused me to have to take a grow down in an hour ,and cleanup and call leo to come investigate a b&e .

Nobody knew that grow existed there an hour before , I had the head of GRPD come straight into my apt and never once did they even have a clue that there was a grow there previous to there arival .I simply placed everything in my friends home .And this was a challenge but one that can be done with boxes and trucks ..

I would remove all and tear down and stand grounds against the eviction as its illlegal ..

He has to have legal evidience that the rental is involved with illegal activity , thats the only way he can get a legal short eviction notice ..

Standard evictions are 30 days and even then they have to be served and expired before the owner can file for eviction by court .. It usually takes well over 60 days to evict a tenant and sometimes over 90 depending on the circumstances ..

I would have had that grow down that day and invited him in and showed my card while I smoked a huge fat one ..

discrimination fair housing act.

[/url]

Fair Housing Act

The Fair Housing Act prohibits housing discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, and national origin. Its coverage includes private housing, housing that receives Federal financial assistance, and State and local government housing. It is unlawful to discriminate in any aspect of selling or renting housing or to deny a dwelling to a buyer or renter because of the disability of that individual, an individual associated with the buyer or renter, or an individual who intends to live in the residence. Other covered activities include, for example, financing, zoning practices, new construction design, and advertising.

The Fair Housing Act requires owners of housing facilities to make reasonable exceptions in their policies and operations to afford people with disabilities equal housing opportunities. For example, a landlord with a "no pets" policy may be required to grant an exception to this rule and allow an individual who is blind to keep a guide dog in the residence. The Fair Housing Act also requires landlords to allow tenants with disabilities to make reasonable access-related modifications to their private living space, as well as to common use spaces. The Act further requires that new multifamily housing with four or more units be designed and built to allow access for persons with disabilities. This includes accessible common use areas, doors that are wide enough for wheelchairs, kitchens and bathrooms that allow a person using a wheelchair to maneuver, and other adaptable features within the units.

Complaints of Fair Housing Act violations may be filed with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

For more information or to file a complaint, contact:

Office of Program Compliance and Disability Rights Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development

451 7th Street, S.W. , Room 5242

Washington, D.C. 20140

For questions about the Fair Housing Act, you may call the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity at:

(202) 708-2333 (voice) (202) 401-1247 (TTY)

For publications, you may call the Housing and Urban Development Customer Service Center at:

(800) 767-7468 (voice) (800) 877-8339 (TTY)

The MMMAct - expressly says - the law provides no protection for landlords and employers. The law cannot force another to accommodate this, especially when it still violates federal laws.

Perhaps the landlord is getting federal subsidies - he can lose those if the feds deem it a violation of their agreement.

I also imagine various issues with living in a building with others - half the time the ventilation sucks - everyone smells everyone else.

Perhaps the landlord is at risk of losing other tenants that do not want to be around marijuana, those tenants might have 'just cause' to terminate their leases - they could get a judge to agree, marijuana is illegal federally, and could put all tenants in the building at risk.

The person is not being discriminated based on disability. This case will be strictly contractual - what ever you signed, will be generally upheld by the judge first. If the landlord made a VERBAL agreement that medical use is ok - read the contract, it says anything verbal is not binding.

My own contract with my landowner - says "No illegal drugs" - but could he use the fact that medical marijuana is still illegal under FEDERAL law to evict me? Possible.

Time to Move.

-DN

is your lease month to month?

if so you have 30 days to vacate from the day your rent is paid

if it is a annual lease then your not obligated to leave until it over over unless it has a clause saying he can end lease..no matter what 30 days notice to end lease..

i been in real estate law for 8 years

he cannot just tell you to get out

as he terms the DEA; the Freds. Friday was May 20, this is posted May 22, building to-be-cleared date is 27th. He did a walk around on Friday and caught stagnant odor in low areas about the outside building and ordered us to clear everything out by end of week, May 27. Everything is in flowering. Day 34 of 56 days. Legal numbers and cards. I know abvout the equipment, just remove it to storage. But how best to rescue value in whats growing? What yields best the most salable product rom immature indca flowers. Make hash? Bubble QWISO? Dry Ice? Press Simpson Oil?

Or canna-butter butter? Need any insight to lessen this event.

This is a IMO. Just

Kinda sounds like you wrote your first post about this in total panic mode right.? The first part is a little vague. Does the MM have to be gone or you? What kind of lease or tenant agreement do you have? By now you have read though some of the material suggested by others about tenant rights and landlord procedure for eviction ( if thats the case ). Put next months rent into a escrow acc. go to court LL's have to have a real reason to boot you and life style is not one of them. The legal route would buy you time to finish. If it's the MM that has to go try to negotiate the additional two weeks you need. Sounds like the LL was acceptable of it befor so just maybe.

GOOD LUCK

- You could probably sell off healthy individual flowering plants and then purchase (or trade the plants for) some other meds for yourself or your patients. Let people know what strains and ask them to PM you for details.

- 'Loan' individual plants to friends to flower for you for some eventual split of product. I think that could be considered patient-patient transfer.

- If you've had a good relationship with the landlord and there aren't other tenants involved, I think I would try to negotiate with the landlord if at all possible. You are not that far from your target date.

'I need to talk to you about the timing of this thing.' Provide some detail...your investment, the prior agreement you two had,etc. Are people counting on these meds? That would be a great argument if you are a caregiver.

'I really want to remain a good tenant in your eyes but I just can't comply that quickly without some very real pain. I'm sure we both want to remain friendly here and I don't think either of us want to get any lawyers or courts involved. That would be a waste of time and money for both of us. You want to get a new tenant in here as soon as possible and I'd like to get out and get my garden restarted elsewhere. I'll be happy to get everything out of here just as soon as I can arrange it. If you could see your way clear to give me another week or so to find homes for the plants that would really help a great deal.' (Maybe you could pledge to take further smell control measures.) That might get you pretty close to your target date.

As noted above, you have rights, use them - as a bargaining chip. You seem to know or owe the landlord, so approach him and let him know that you just can't do what he wants on such short warning. Explain that you're willing to move, but that at this point you need your 30days.

Archived