Drying Faster Than Normal?

tooldini

I know this is frowned upon but I clipped off my more developed buds from my hash plant that had about 6 days to go. I wanted some meds for memorial day weekend. Is there a way to make them usable in a faster manner? I clipped them off Friday and put them in a box hanging. they still seem pretty wet. Anyway to speed this up?

As you probably know...it is best to let them hang dry nice and slow in a dark environment of about 40-45% humidity and temps of 68-72 degrees with good ventilation and air movement. Then after the stems snap cleanly the buds should be cured in glass jars.

If you are looking to get them dry enough to smoke ASAP some ways you could speed up the first intial hang dry is to get the humidity as low as possible. This can be tough this time of year. If you can dehumdify your drying area down to about 25%-30% or lower you will notice a rapid increase in drying time. Make sure any large colas are cut down to small nugs to dry even faster. Sometimes during the winter months when the humdity is very low and the humidifiers run out frequently I have had plants dry in as quick as 3-4 days. The key to a quick dry is your want to get them to hang dry as quick as possible so you can give them as many days possible in the glass jar to even out as much of the moisture as you can. This makes them atleast smoke decently even if the taste isnt what it should be.

This is far from the best way to properly dry and cure your meds and I am sure you know that...But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. If you are looking for smokable meds asap and you want to sacrifice a bit on flavor and harshness, those are a few ways I know to speed up the process.

thanks Master I am new but I do know the basics but the darn humidity here is crazy LOL I put them in a paper towel and in a paper bag and then in my closet which is less humid I am sure and a little cooler than the rest of the house. I don't wanna get all ghetto and put it in the oven on a low temp LOL

thanks Master I am new but I do know the basics but the darn humidity here is crazy LOL I put them in a paper towel and in a paper bag and then in my closet which is less humid I am sure and a little cooler than the rest of the house. I don't wanna get all ghetto and put it in the oven on a low temp LOL

this will cause mold, you need air flow over the buds. By bagging them, they will rot.

You need a fan, and later this summer, a dehumidifier in the drying room - air flow and low humidity.

-DN

DO NOT....I repeat DO NOT put your buds in the oven no matter how low the setting.

Get yourself a dehumidifier!

Even when you are drying your buds the right way the humidity should never be above 50% so you are gonna need one anyway if you dont already have one. If you can get your humidity low and keep the air in the room circulating (without blowing directly on the buds) you will see a faster dry than normal.

But please for the love of god dont ruin your stash by putting them in the oven...LOL

I ended up putting them in the jar again for a while and then in front of a fan. I had some old time smokers of 25+ years and they said it was just great breaking up and rolling one :) so it worked and all is good. No smoke report yet :(

Archived