White Powdery Mildew

I think I had white powdery mildew on my plants. I sprayed them with the recommended organic spray. It seemed to go away, but now I see spots on my plants that seem like the aftermath of the white powdery mildew, You can see the spots but you can not rub them off at all. should I be worried about these still?

Thanks

canabis

When you google Powdery Mildew the #1 site comes up as thc4u. A deep and thorough treatment of all aspects and treatments that work (and that don't) as well as those that work temporarily...That someone who wrote it has been there ahead of you. I know him from MOCC. The complete info is available, free and reliable...

Check out a sulfur burner, i ran some last night, now i just have darker spots where the PM was. also, i read that it will spread anywhere nutrients happen to be, residue from spraying etc...

the sulfur is supposed to be the best though, it lowers the ph of the whole room, not just the leaves, killing the spores that are airborne, or lodged in cracks and crevices etc...

Good luck, it seems to have done the trick for me:)

1. PM damages the leaf surface, those spots are leftover from where PM was eroding the leaf.

2. You have issues that still need to be fixed:

a. Intake air needs to be filtered.

b. room needs to be cleaned now

c. plants are stressing - plants under stress are more likley to be unable to resist PM.

d. if PM is a big problem in your grow, try different strains, some are more resistant

3. I saw a device for $500 - it was basically a strong magnet donut that fits on a hose fitting, it was supposed to 'charge' the ions in the water - to make plants absorb it better. You tell me if its worth $500. Better off buying a RO system.

4. Sulfur cannot be used in the last weeks of flowering - sulfer will indeed get into every crevice and crack - your buds. Sulfur will leave a taste!

5. The PM can be resisted - if the plant is healthy, happy, and the room temp and humidity is stable. PM is ever present in Michigan's air, unless you strip down and shower everytime you enter your room, you are carrying PM spores. It is making the environment unhospitable to the spore that wins the fight.

6. Neem oil may be a better alternative, it last a while on the leaf surface, and it does double duty as mite preventative. You can feed a plant neem oil - this will make the plant taste bad to mites, but should not help against PM.

-DN

3. I saw a device for $500 - it was basically a strong magnet donut that fits on a hose fitting, it was supposed to 'charge' the ions in the water - to make plants absorb it better. You tell me if its worth $500.

-DN

Hmm, that's a lot of money, DN! Do you have any more information, like is it bright and shiny, or are there lot's of flashy colors on the package? Have you heard anyone else recommend it on the internet?

Archived