My Perpetual Sea Of Green... Well... Eventually

Sinsemillaplease

I won't bother posting all the details of the first run since things didn't adhere to the plan but there are pictures below. Its 12 sativa plants in a 4x2 sea of green. The tent belongs to my roommate and after this harvest and a change of residence he'll be tending it. The 2 Chocolope plants are drying. The 10 remaining Strawberry Haze plants are almost done.. only seeing a few amber trichs so far. They weren't well suited for a sea of green so they raced towards the light and crowded each other out.

Now that they're almost done I'm setting up for my perpetual indica sea. I'll be growing varying numbers of indica plants in a 3x3 sea of green in 2 gallon pots of pro-mix bx with advanced nutrients sensi 2 part line. I have a quantum 600 watt dimmable mh/hps ballast in a 6" cool tube thanks to MrShpongle :bow:. The first strain I'm introducing is Apothecary's Granddaddy Purple (Purple Urkle x Big Bud). I've got some clones working on roots and one 2 ft+ mother vegging. I've also got a Violator Kush mother in veg but I haven't figured her out yet so I can't take clones.

I plan on introducing 2-3 recently rooted clones at a time to the tent running 12/12 every 2 weeks. That way I will have small harvests every 2 weeks starting 2 months later. I've got to find a few good indica strains that grow large central colas when flowered at short height, won't crowd each other out and finish in 8 weeks. GDP is supposed to finish in 8 weeks but my mother seems rather bushy.

On to the pictures... more exhaustive details later. :hot:

Strawberry Haze and Chocolope

th_DSCN0092.jpgth_DSCN0225.jpgth_DSCN0252.jpgth_DSCN0284.jpgth_DSCN0319.jpgth_DSCN0375.jpgth_DSCN0434.jpgth_DSCN0445.jpg No pics for 2-3 weeks after that last one. I got lazy but I'll take one tonight.

One accidentally clipped strawberry haze bud

th_DSCN0608.jpg

GDP

th_DSCN0355.jpg th_DSCN0377.jpg th_DSCN0437.jpg th_DSCN0458.jpg th_DSCN0595.jpg

Violator Kush... not looking good. I think it was pH being too high. Its improving slowly since an acidic flush and 600 ppm feeding. No progression pics... just some I took today.

th_DSCN0645.jpg th_DSCN0649.jpg th_DSCN0656.jpg th_DSCN0643.jpg

Guest Happy Guy

Looks nice! That should keep some distance between you and the dispensary. :goodjob: Good work.

Dispensary reference;

I'm glad you folks all seem to have access to these awesome dispensary beating prices and meds.... free meds... free clones... awesome genetics. Most don't. I don't. I don't know anyone personally who does. It sucks that you don't seem to want people to have any option at all who aren't networked like you are. I'm turned off by this debate... and starting to be by this site in general.

Happy Guy can you please not bring that discussion here? It has it's very own thread. I'm sure you noticed this is an entirely different threadt. darn it.... I was so excited to see some replies too and you just rained on my parade for no good reason. Your name is extraordinarily ironic.

Well anyway... thanks for the love everyone. Here are some more pictures of genetics I bought from dispensaries. :thumbsu:

This is another chocolope plant that has been vegging for probably around 3-4 weeks.. I'm not quite sure. We just put it into the 4x2 flower tent about 3 days ago. I'm hoping for a much better harvest from this one now that we've grown it through once and can better gauge it's needs. Last time around it was very underfed, stressed and finished very early as a result. We've got it supported by a wrangler cage from HTG.

th_DSCN0681.jpg th_DSCN0682.jpg

This is my veg tent after some recent upgrades. I'm very proud of the GDP mother (front right). The strawberry haze mothers are doing very good as well but they don't ask for much... very very easy to grow. They are the two plants on the front left, the one in the back right and one small one hidden dead center. The violator kush (back left) still looks terrible as a result of high pH. After I transplant it to a final pot and it sinks into the new pro-mix (ph 5.5), I think it will be fine.

th_DSCN0699.jpg th_DSCN0692.jpg

GDP

th_DSCN0693.jpg th_DSCN0694.jpg

Strawberry Haze

th_DSCN0695.jpg th_DSCN0696.jpg

Violator Kush

th_DSCN0697.jpg

Guest Happy Guy

LOL What part GOOD WORK don't you understand? It is nice to see you are becoming independant from the illegal dispensaries. WOOHOO! LOL Grow yer own! It's a beautiful thing! It makes me sooo happy. :thumbsu:

nice job, Sinsemillaplease. those are some nice strains you're working with. I have never tried the Chocolope. keep hearing things though. if that GDP is anything like the cut i had, it was a great cut. you're vegging it nice and long i see. that is probably best. not a high yielder, but high quality fo sho!

LOL What part GOOD WORK don't you understand? It is nice to see you are becoming independant from the illegal dispensaries. WOOHOO! LOL Grow yer own! It's a beautiful thing! It makes me sooo happy. :thumbsu:

Blame the internetz. It seemed like you were trying to ram your point home one last time just to spite me. I did get most of my genetics from dispensaries though. If I can make some friends, I'd love to just trade... but it was most convenient at the time to buy them from the collective.

Speaking of p2p, two of my flower ready Strawberry Hazes need to find new homes. I don't have time to flower them before I move and I don't want to try to move more than one of each strain. I'll post more pics in the p2p transfer section.

How many weeks did it take for your Chocolope to finish? What did you think about the smoke?

I've heard she is really stretchy in flower, and a pain in the arse to grow. I have also heard she is easy to grow if you can control her stretch.

Just over 8 weeks due to stress and deficiencies. They were underfed due to an error converting mL/L to mL/gal for several weeks. Otherwise a joy to grow. Height tripled in flower. The buds are still curing.

nice job, Sinsemillaplease. those are some nice strains you're working with. I have never tried the Chocolope. keep hearing things though. if that GDP is anything like the cut i had, it was a great cut. you're vegging it nice and long i see. that is probably best. not a high yielder, but high quality fo sho!

Thanks. I'm really excited about the GDP. I'm thinking about giving it the 3x3 tent and 600 watt hps all its own for flower.

You should use the bat wing reflector on that cool tube. It would give you twice the points of light.

I'm missing some screws and nuts at the moment. As soon as I get those, I'll put it on.

Just over 8 weeks due to stress and deficiencies. They were underfed due to an error converting mL/L to mL/gal for several weeks. Otherwise a joy to grow. Height tripled in flower. The buds are still curing.

Thanks. I'm really excited about the GDP. I'm thinking about giving it the 3x3 tent and 600 watt hps all its own for flower.

make sure to get us a smoke report on that Chocolope. giving it a single light and tent to itself sounds like a GREAT idea! if it is the same cut, it will get many small intensely dense and fruity/skunky nugs. Mine went 55 days in flower, and took a little extra dry time due to the density of the nugs. i got roughly 1.5 oz from it. it was the first time i had run it, and so i never topped it or anything. the main cola was never that much bigger than the rest of them, so i would assume the plant may benefit some from topping. i know it stays very short though.

make sure to get us a smoke report on that Chocolope. giving it a single light and tent to itself sounds like a GREAT idea! if it is the same cut, it will get many small intensely dense and fruity/skunky nugs. Mine went 55 days in flower, and took a little extra dry time due to the density of the nugs. i got roughly 1.5 oz from it. it was the first time i had run it, and so i never topped it or anything. the main cola was never that much bigger than the rest of them, so i would assume the plant may benefit some from topping. i know it stays very short though.

Given who I got it from, it should be the original Apothecary genetics. I'll ask just to be sure. Did yours go mostly purple or just hues? I'm hoping to see its full colors and I'm considering introducing a/c air at night to bring temps down from 70 to 64.

I think I'm going to top it just above the main canopy. That way there will be a bunch of level tops. It doesn't seem to want to get any taller than it is now (30").

• 3 weeks later...

HOLY CHIT " Sinsemillaplease "

WOW .... Very Nice :thumbsu:

You've been Busy doing some Serious Growing ...

Every Summer my girls take a little beating ....

I get so busy durning the summer months ....

Your doing very well ....

Sure hope you save me a taste or two ... :bighug:

Thanks for sharing sinse. Beautiful pictures, your plants are looking awesome.

Chocolope is an amazing strain for sure. I hear people talk about sativas not dragging you down, but the effect always seemed mild to me till I tried that one... GREAT daytime strain, potent, and an incredible and very unique chocolate flavor, you can't mistake it.

I also had to visit the dispensaries here in Ann Arbor. I used to smoke recreationally, but it's been over 6 years, and so no connections. To their credit it was obvious they really cared about patients; they gave me a lot of free stuff to help me out and one guy working there couldn't keep back the tears telling me about some cancer patient he's been helping. Also, Schuette said they were legal (when campaigning against our law); whether you like the model of private profit or not, I think we can all agree no one should go to jail for this plant and so a good place to start would be not ever defending legal arguments for it being illegal in any form. At least just be silent on it, please... the last thing we want those attacking our law to have is our help. The less restrictions we have on this plant, the less likely it is we will ever lose access to our medicine again (like happened in 1937).

Archived