Neem Oil

johnbs8

I like to use neem sprayed on the leaves as well as mixed in the water but only when they are vegging because it has a funny smell so I dont like to put it on flowers. If you mix it in the water when you feed them it helps kill the little fruitflies but Im not sure about mites.

I have heard that putting Azamax in the water will keep the mites from liking your plants, but I think you have to use lots of it.

I have also heard the mite rid stuff works real good too but I dont like to order over the internet and I cant find it at any of the growshops.

I have found that keeping the temp down in the bud room helps a lot. Plus it brings out the pretty colors better.

I think that the battle with mites is a constant struggle. Kinda like defending our law.

Morning " kirsten "

If You Go to their Site ....

http://mite-rid.com/index.shtml

Click on the State to the left Side ...

You will SEE all Michigan Stores that handle it ...

I ship it out all of the time ....

Thanks. I'll get it in Lennin but its a little bit of a drive. We have lots of grow shops in Flint and Burton. I'd love to get it closer.

wandering if anyone uses neem oil mixed with thier nutes and watered in? i would rather water feed it than spray. atm i dont have any pests but would like to give neem regularly as a precationary... Thanks, Johnbs8

Yes, it does work that way. In fact some say it works better as a drench than as a foliar spray. I use neem from neem resource in MN. http://www.neemresource.com/ Their neem has something like three times the active ingredient in neem than dyna grow neem, (1500ppm to 4500ppm) even though dyna grows neem works reasonably well, and i have used it with success. When used as a spray i emulsify it with pro tekt liquid silica and a small shot of liquid soap, then shake the bejesus out of it, to mix the oil. If you go to their site check out karanja oil. I mix karanja oil and cake 50/50 with neem oil and cake.

They also have neem cake. Neem cake (meal)is the left overs from pressing neem seeds into oil. The cake has 6% neem oil in it, plus it is a slow release fertilizer. I mix approx a half cup neem cake into a 7 gallon pot, for systemic protection, and spray every two weeks or so. I also use crab meal in my soil mix. Crab meal is made from chitin, as are the exoskeletons of insects. The crab meal attracts bacteria that eats chitin. So it can actually cause the insects to be eaten alive, pretty cool, eh? payback mofo.

Keep in mind neem is not a instant take down spray or drench for bugs. It works by disrupting their life cycle. They don't like to eat neem sprayed leaves, they don't mate well, and their eggs do not hatch normally when you use neem. My last grow had a small mite problem, I sprayed twice, then stopped as i was in flower, but never had another problem.

If i had problems and was in flower they get sprayed with lavender spray. I mix dried lavender flowers with water, let it sit for 48 hours, screen off the lavender then spray the great smelling mix on the plants. The lavender kills mites and their eggs, plus it smells great.

I feel it is best to do regular maintenance applications throughout veg, and early flower. And finally keep in mind neem will degrade in light and heat, so store it appropriately....shredder

You don't even have to Drive ...

It can be sent to your front door .... :thumbsu:

If you have a Pay Pal Account and a Mailing Address

your Good as Gold .....

Thanks. I'll go out there. Those guys are really nice and I haven't been there for about a year. You dont have to put my name in quotes either, I kinda said F*!# IT a while ago. Just got sick of hiding, so I use my real name.

Thanks. I'll go out there. Those guys are really nice and I haven't been there for about a year. You dont have to put my name in quotes either, I kinda said F*!# IT a while ago. Just got sick of hiding, so I use my real name.

I useally do that for everyone " Username "

Not just you ... if you look at all my post ....

i do that all the time ...

Did'nt mean No Harm

But Anyway , I was just trying to offer help if needed ...

I useally do that for everyone " Username "

Not just you ... if you look at all my post ....

i do that all the time ...

Did'nt mean No Harm

But Anyway , I was just trying to offer help if needed ...

Didn't bother me at all. I'm pretty difficult to offend. Thanks for all the info.

I usually just pour about a teaspoon into a two gallon watering can. You gotta mix it up good. Some of the neem oils are really thick.

Thanks kirsten, how often do you feed it the neem water and do you make a separate water jug for that or mix with nutes?

Follow the directions on the label. I use 1-2 Tablespoons per gallon, mix it up and water. I have mixed it with and without nutes.

Exactly, plus remember to use an emulsifier even in a drench it is important to spread the oil evenly.......shredder

Follow the directions on the label. I use 1-2 Tablespoons per gallon, mix it up and water. I have mixed it with and without nutes.

Exactly, plus remember to use an emulsifier even in a drench it is important to spread the oil evenly.......shredder

Archived