Rip Jack Kevorkian

I met him when he took my sister in laws case in Warren, Lois H.. Was a time when it was common practice for a Dr to assist a patient pass with dignity and as pain free as possible.

Rest In Peace Doctor

It is the duty of a doctor to prolong life and, it is not his duty to prolong the act of dying.

- Lord Thomas Horder

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/167615/2/Assisted-suicide-advocate-Jack-Kevorkian-dies

ROYAL OAK, Mich. (Detroit Free Press) - Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the Michigan pathologist who put assisted suicide on the world's medical ethics stage, died this morning between 2 a.m. and 2:30 a.m., said his lawyer Mayer Morganroth.

Kevorkian, 83, died at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, where he had been hospitalized for about two weeks with kidney and heart problems.

Morganroth said it appears Kevorkian suffered a pulmonary thrombosis when a blood clot from his leg broke free and lodged in his heart.

With Kevorkian were his niece Ava Janus and Morganroth.

"It was peaceful. He didn't feel a thing," Morganroth said.

Morganroth said the hospital staff, doctors and nurses said Kevorkian's passing was "a tremendous loss and I agree with them. He did so much."

Morganroth said there were no artificial attempts to keep Kevorkian alive.

Morganroth said he doubts anyone will assume Kevorkian's role in assisted suicide: "Who else would take those kind of risks?"

Morganroth said there are no plans for a memorial.

Kevorkian, who is believed to have assisted in 130 suicides, was convicted of second-degree murder in 1999 and sentenced to 10-25 years in prison but was released in 2007. Last year, he was the subject of "You Don't Know Jack," an HBO movie starring Al Pacino.

God Speed Doctor Jack. .I just pray that if ever I am in the condition of physical deterioration so racked with uncontrollable pain. A compassionate Doctor would without hesitation or fear of prosecution, ease me to the other side.

God Speed Doctor Jack. .I just pray that if ever I am in the condition of physical deterioration so racked with uncontrollable pain. A compassionate Doctor would without hesitation or fear of prosecution, ease me to the other side.

As is mine.

Peace and goodwill to all.

:))

I remember fondly in 2000 living VERY close to Jack... I used to lean over to him and say at lunch "Doc. I'm feeling kinda bummed. Any suggestions?" He'd roll his eyes and take my apple, as that was all he was living on pretty much, the fruit.

Interesting how compassion seems to lead to prison far too often.

RIP Jack.

I remember fondly in 2000 living VERY close to Jack... I used to lean over to him and say at lunch "Doc. I'm feeling kinda bummed. Any suggestions?" He'd roll his eyes and take my apple, as that was all he was living on pretty much, the fruit.

Interesting how compassion seems to lead to prison far too often.

RIP Jack.

I watched and listened to the PA who sent Dr Jack to prison, what a cocky elitist fu..! To prolong the suffering of a human being is morally wrong in my book especially if the person has end of life papers and family and friends are aware as mine are of our last wishes.

I highly doubt that PA had every seen or heard the screaming of a person in such excruciating pain that no amount of pain killer can even numb particularly a loved one. If he had he would.never of even contemplated prosecuting the good Doctor.

Seen a poll that was 63% in favor of Dr.Jack and what he did.

A good man who stood up to the system. I hope to be able to do 5% of what he accomplished in my activism for medical marihuana. Enjoy the next stage of Energy, Jack. You deserve it!

It's so sad; we can put down a hurt horse or other suffering animals, but a human can't die with dignity while in indescribable pain. It's wrong. And the Hippocratic oath even says so, the first line for crying out loud!

Archived