Can Two People Be Eachother's Caregivers?

ssavan01

Is it possible for two people to each be eachother's caregivers? I was asked this from a colleague of mine but I wasn't sure. Basically the two people in question are already each patients and caregivers. They each have 2 additional patients they care for and are interested in becoming eachother's caregivers as well. Is this legal and will the applications be approved? THanks!

I don't think it would double your limits. You are still limited to a maximum of 72 plants and 15 ounces if you are maxed out. You wouldn't gain the other persons patients you wold only gain that one person as a patient. You would gain his plant count and medicine count but he would in turn gain yours. It would seem to be a safe way to transfer between the two of you.

The state will allow you to be a caregiver for up to five patients and have your own caregiver. I emailed them about this before.

My question to the state in email:

I would like to know if I am registered as a medical marihuana patient and have assigned someone else to be my caregiver would I still be able to be a caregiver for someone else? Would this have any effect on my current caregiver?

Their answer:

Yes, you can be a patient with a caregiver and also be a caregiver for up to five other patients.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

517-373-0395

I don't think it would double your limits. You are still limited to a maximum of 72 plants and 15 ounces if you are maxed out. You wouldn't gain the other persons patients you wold only gain that one person as a patient. You would gain his plant count and medicine count but he would in turn gain yours. It would seem to be a safe way to transfer between the two of you.

The state will allow you to be a caregiver for up to five patients and have your own caregiver. I emailed them about this before.

My question to the state in email:

I would like to know if I am registered as a medical marihuana patient and have assigned someone else to be my caregiver would I still be able to be a caregiver for someone else? Would this have any effect on my current caregiver?

Their answer:

Yes, you can be a patient with a caregiver and also be a caregiver for up to five other patients.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

517-373-0395

sorry, didn't mean plant count but lets say you and your wife are patients. your limit is 2.5 each. if you are each others caregiver, your limits are now 5 each. 2.5 for you, 2.5 for your patient

sorry, didn't mean plant count but lets say you and your wife are patients. your limit is 2.5 each. if you are each others caregiver, your limits are now 5 each. 2.5 for you, 2.5 for your patient

Ah yes u would be right. The only downside would be if in your example u and wife each found your four other patients you would have a plant counted of 60 each. But you could always change your cg back if needed. Plus most of us know that you can do a lot with 60 plants.

Archived