Do I Qualify?

I've been debating getting a card for some time now due to chronic joint pain stemming from a pretty rare disease (ehlers-danlos syndrome, bonus points if you've heard of it!). I've been putting it off because I didn't think I had enough joint pain specific doctor visits to constitute a strong medical record for it.

Most recently, I had a growth removed from my ankle and it turns out it's a sarcoma, and I'm now scheduled to undergo another procedure to fully remove it. It looks like chemo and the like are not in my future, however.

My question is, are different cancers treated differently with regard to MMJ? Part of me is skeptical, if only because I'm having trouble seeing myself as a "person with cancer." I still see myself as a guy who's had a growth removed.

I apologize if this is the wrong section for this. This is my first post here.

yes, due to the chronic pain, no due to just having a growth removed

i believe technically, if your condition resolves, you no longer qualify to use mmj (not speaking of just you, but anyone). hence, why everyone has to go see their doc every year.

so, this condition does not cause you chronic pain or nausea, vomiting (you know the rest), so it would not qualify you.

however, your chronic joint pain does

Ehlers-danlos syndrome is 'rubber man syndrome' of course...lol Hyperflexible joints and chronic joint pain is common and if you have sought treatment for the chronic pain, you would most likely qualify. I've seen a number of cases as an internist. It is a connective tissue disease and one interesting characteristic is the ability to take a pinch of skin on the forearm and 'tent' it up several inches. The joints are equally lax and hyperflexible, hence many patients were contortionists, able to squeeze into suitcases and other 'impossible' positions as performers.

While I certainly am not making light of your condition, you are correct- it is a rare and interesting condition. Feel free to PM me and we'll talk about your certification.

Dr. Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Chronic pain qualifies.

Most medical marijuana docs want three (3) treats with the treating physician. That means 3 separate office visits and 3 days of records/physicians notes. If you can get a couple of different scripts for pain etc it makes it easier and almost a lock for the medical marijuana certifying physician.

You will get Celebrex or Motrin 800 mg at the first visit, and possibly Tylenol 3 at the second and a hat trick if the nice doctor gives you Vicodin at the 3rd. :rolleyes:

Archived