Here's A Good One

I emailed Representative Bolger a month ago about the bills they are trying to pass on medical marijuana and this is the response I got.

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. I always appreciate hearing from constituents on important issues such as Education Reform.

It is no secret that our education system fails to educate significant numbers of our children. Some reports indicate only sixteen percent of students statewide are considered college-ready based on their ACT scores. I am deeply committed to putting kids first at every step of the process and we must consider the impact our decisions have on students as we prepare them for a global economy.

Recently, the House passed a four-bill package of reforms to teacher tenure. House Bills 4625-8 reward effective teachers, provide incentives for teachers and administrators to work collaboratively on teacher assignments, change the legal standard for dismissal of ineffective teachers and protects these reforms from being nullified by union bargaining. The existing tenure process is heavily weighted in favor of protecting public employees' jobs and against retaining quality instruction for our children. These reforms are vital to the success of our local schools and ensure our children will receive a quality education from an effective teacher.

Currently, teacher tenure is granted at an arbitrary point, early in a teaching career. This reform package awards tenure based on multiple years of demonstrated "effective" teaching rather than simply a few years of service. This important change creates an environment where a teacher receives a reward for excellence and a consequence for failure.

Data from the 2010 U.S. Census reports Michigan's population declined over the past decade and with it the number of students. As a result, our public schools require fewer teachers but the current tenure process restricts local districts' ability to retain effective educators due to the process of "last in, first out" or "LIFO." LIFO practices do not take into account work ethic, intelligence, or student performance and limit decisions to a teacher's years of service rather than their ability to teach. LIFO is a disservice to children and an insult to effective teachers.

Finally, this package of bills makes the process of removing suspended or ineffective teachers efficient and fair. Under current law, while a local district tries to fire a teacher that employee continues to draw a full paycheck for the duration of the review, which often drags on for many months. This package would cap pay to ninety days, freeing up resources for the classroom and forcing bad teachers to end the practice of stalling just to collect a check. This reform makes it more likely that an administrator will remove an ineffective teacher rather than a bad teacher remaining in a classroom. Providing our kids with good teachers means we must ensure tenure does not promote and protect incompetence.

Michigan can no longer avoid tough decisions and cannot continue the status quo of failing schools. Every student deserves an opportunity to learn. These reforms put students first and focus our system on academic progress, not public employment.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to contact my office. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact my office again at any time.

Sincerely,

Makes me think he didn't even read...wait he didn't read my f&%*ing email...nice...real nice.

TOTALLY OUT OF TOUCH, doesn't belong in office. Next!

Oh what I'd love to respond back! Dear rep, you have not responded to my concerns, apparently you did not read my letter, or you are afraid to speak directly to the issue I have shared with you. I will keep your letter in mind when I vote in 2012. Sincerely,___

Gotcha!

Sb

TOTALLY OUT OF TOUCH, doesn't belong in office. Next!

Oh what I'd love to respond back! Dear rep, you have not responded to my concerns, apparently you did not read my letter, or you are afraid to speak directly to the issue I have shared with you. I will keep your letter in mind when I vote in 2012. Sincerely,___

Gotcha!

Sb

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

It'd be interesting to see if anyone else writing about this issue from our community gets the same response. Then it might seem like it was done intentionally, if it's possible to make that same mistake twice, knowing anything is possible, so if it's only being done to MM supporters, then we know for sure it's being done purposely. If anyone else is in his district, would you send a letter and see what comes back? I think this situation merits attention by those in that district.

Mayorshaggy37, it would also be interesting to resend your letter and see if you get the same response you got before, or if another unrelated one comes back, or if it responded to your issues.

Sb

• 2 weeks later...

You can add Kurt Heise to the Nay List:

Sent him this letter on the 4th and have gotten nothing back:

Dear Rep, Heise

Please vote yes on HR2306, the "Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011". The federal government has much more important priorities and it could be using scarce resources, for which are still being used to continue a disintegrating prohibition against marijuana. As more states are passing initiatives for medical use by a large percentage of citizens, and more people believe in regulating its use, whether for medical or not, the federal government must discontinue its restrictive policies and allow states their sovereign right to pass and implement their own laws.

Sincerely,

later in further researching him I find this:GOP BULLSHEET

No wonder I haven't heard anything.

Archived