Medical Marijuana: 1 Plant = 6 Drugs, Save $602/month

Medical Marijuana: 1 PLANT = 6 DRUGS, Save $602/month

http://www.mcsocal.com/blog/medical-marijuana-1-plant-6-drugs-save-602month?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

It is no surprise that pharmaceutical companies lobby our politicians to keep marijuana a schedule 1 drug (which means no medicinal value and highly addictive). ONE PLANT can take the place of AT LEAST 6 COMMON DRUGS. Today I was taking care of a cancer patient who was not doing well. He was very nauseated. He had no appetite. He had chronic pain. He was depressed. He couldn’t sleep. He had anxiety. All of these symptoms are the result of his cancer.

Typically, if managed medically by Kaiser, he would have been taking (he was actually offered all of these medications)

Xanax: for his sleep and anxiety.

Ambien: for his insomnia

Phenergan: for his nausea

Zoloft: for his depression

Naproxen: for pain.

Vicodin: for breakthrough pain.

INSTEAD, HE DECIDED TO VAPORIZE MEDICAL MARIJUANA DAILY. As a result he didn’t have to take any of these medications. This is a true story and I am not making any of this up!

If you think about it, this is really amazing.

Let’s consider the cost savings:

AMBIEN 10mg: Avg cost for 30 days = $176.00

VICODIN: Avg cost for 30 days = $200.00

ZOLOFT 100mg: Avg cost for 30 days = $146.00

NAPROXEN 250mg: Avg cost for 30 days = $46.00

PHENERGAN: Avg Cost for 30 days = $7.00 (online)

XANAX: Avg Cost for 30 days: = $27.00

The total monthly cost for taking these medications is $602.00 Assuming this patient lives 18 months that comes to $10,836.00 That is a huge cost to this patient and HUGE profits to the drug companies.

Now I understand why cannabis has no medicinal value. Because you can grow 12 plants legally for about $200 in your backyard and have enough medicine to last you two years.

If the drug companies could figure out how to profit from 12 plants in a patients garden, my bet is that marijuana would have a TON OF MEDICINAL VALUE. It’s funny how that works.

Until then, doctors who recommend marijuana to patients are going to remain money hungry quacks who bottom feed off desperate patients. Or better yet, glorified drug dealers!

Posted by

Michael Komorn

That is so true, and it is crazy that it is still a schedule 1 drug. I cut my asthma medications more than %50 and I don't get the headaches or the shaky feeling insides, and restlessness. With the cost of the new albuterols I am glad to be almost off them. Crazy government LOL

Medical Marijuana: 1 PLANT = 6 DRUGS, Save $602/month

http://www.mcsocal.c...ource=pulsenews

It is no surprise that pharmaceutical companies lobby our politicians to keep marijuana a schedule 1 drug (which means no medicinal value and highly addictive). ONE PLANT can take the place of AT LEAST 6 COMMON DRUGS. Today I was taking care of a cancer patient who was not doing well. He was very nauseated. He had no appetite. He had chronic pain. He was depressed. He couldn’t sleep. He had anxiety. All of these symptoms are the result of his cancer.

Typically, if managed medically by Kaiser, he would have been taking (he was actually offered all of these medications)

Xanax: for his sleep and anxiety.

Ambien: for his insomnia

Phenergan: for his nausea

Zoloft: for his depression

Naproxen: for pain.

Vicodin: for breakthrough pain.

INSTEAD, HE DECIDED TO VAPORIZE MEDICAL MARIJUANA DAILY. As a result he didn’t have to take any of these medications. This is a true story and I am not making any of this up!

If you think about it, this is really amazing.

Let’s consider the cost savings:

AMBIEN 10mg: Avg cost for 30 days = $176.00

VICODIN: Avg cost for 30 days = $200.00

ZOLOFT 100mg: Avg cost for 30 days = $146.00

NAPROXEN 250mg: Avg cost for 30 days = $46.00

PHENERGAN: Avg Cost for 30 days = $7.00 (online)

XANAX: Avg Cost for 30 days: = $27.00

The total monthly cost for taking these medications is $602.00 Assuming this patient lives 18 months that comes to $10,836.00 That is a huge cost to this patient and HUGE profits to the drug companies.

Now I understand why cannabis has no medicinal value. Because you can grow 12 plants legally for about $200 in your backyard and have enough medicine to last you two years.

If the drug companies could figure out how to profit from 12 plants in a patients garden, my bet is that marijuana would have a TON OF MEDICINAL VALUE. It’s funny how that works.

Until then, doctors who recommend marijuana to patients are going to remain money hungry quacks who bottom feed off desperate patients. Or better yet, glorified drug dealers!

Posted by

Michael Komorn

GREAT POST..Now this proves my theory on that..

Archived