Is Fibromialgia A Qualifying Condition In Mi?

copper

Hi all, new to these forums.

I am thinking of moving from WI to MI and applying for my card.

I am on Social Security Disability for several different conditions, one of which is chronic pain due to Fibromialgia.

I am tired of taking all the pain meds they have me on, one being oxycodone.

Any info would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, new to these forums.

I am thinking of moving from WI to MI and applying for my card.

I am on Social Security Disability for several different conditions, one of which is chronic pain due to Fibromialgia.

I am tired of taking all the pain meds they have me on, one being oxycodone.

Any info would be appreciated.

YES, positively it is!!!!

I have a patient with that condition for a little over a year now and she is doing fantastic.

In a years time after her doctor had mentioned MMJ to her mother as a possible treatment(she is now over 18),she has gone from bed ridden to a full time student with a part time job!!!!!!! :D

YES, positively it is!!!!

I have a patient with that condition for a little over a year now and she is doing fantastic.

In a years time after her doctor had mentioned MMJ to her mother as a possible treatment(she is now over 18),she has gone from bed ridden to a full time student with a part time job!!!!!!! :D

Thanks for the good news. I have used Marijuana for it before with good results. I stopped because it was illegal where I was.

Hence my thinking of moving to MI. I am extremely cautious when it comes to the law now that I am getting older. I was riskier 20-30 years ago and I was really lucky but I'm just getting to old for prison for something stupid.

Fibromyalgia is itself not listed, but as noted in your other replies, it should be covered as chronic and severe pain. With the LARA being a complete donkey in allowing additional conditions, it would be nice if it were to automatically make those diseases and conditions it has listed under its PAIN AND SYMPTOM MANAGEMENT heading, covered conditions. Fibromyalgia is on that list. Medibles may be more affective for this kind of pain.

copper, when you do apply, I hope you'll use a reputable clinic. There are some that are not run properly and they're a lot of the reason why our law is being gutted. There's a very good clinic in an area called Southfield, (in the lower part of the state, maybe an hour from Lansing, not sure.) I hear it's VERY GOOD, and there's a dr here who does certifications, named Dr. Bob Townsend, he will examine you and monitor your progress, and, if anything goes wrong, he'll back you up in court. I wish you the best and hope everything works out well for you.

Sincerely, Sb

Archived