Caregivers Registering?

FLOWERING ANNUALS

I WAS WONDERING IF ANY CAREGIVERS HAVE ACTUALLY REGISTERED WITH THEIR TOWNSHIP IN TOWNSHIPS OR CITIES THAT HAVE PASSED ORDINANCES REQUIRING THIS? I AM PARTICULARLY WONDERING ABOUT SW MICHIGAN BUT WOULD LIKE INFO FROM OTHER AREA'S AS WELL.IF ANYONE HAS I AM CURIOUS HOW THEY WERE TREATED OR INSPECTED OR ANY OTHER DETAILS. THANKS!

I think most are not registering, and will deal with problems as they occur, but most are not willing to go public with their stand, understandable considering the circumstances. Just stay under the radar if at all possible, and keep your lawyers number handy......shredder

An ordinance just passed in Cheboygan County with a registration requirement. We are fighting the ordinance on several levels, but because judges are bowing to political pressure and issuing questionable decisions in favor of municipalitie's right to regulate and enforce, we are optimistic, but not confident we will win in court either.

If we lose and caregivers are forced to register, I will comply under protest because I have led the opposition to the law up here and I expect to be the first person visited when this law goes into effect in October. I have urged my fellow caregivers to officially drop their patients if they do not want to register, and have asked all of them to not break the law. Most do not know their rights or how to interact with law enforcement, and will face criminal penalties if they are caught. Do not put yourself in a legal position that you may win, but at great cost. That's bad risk-management.

The state, between all the local municipalities and Bill Schuette and the republican cabal, is spending millions of dollars to resist this voter-initiated law. In a time when financial institutions are taking people's vehicles [read freedom] and forcing people from their homes, it is really good public policy to spend that money fighting the will of the people? That's the question all of us MUST ask our elected officials!

• 2 weeks later...

The state law, at least untill it is amended gives us the promise of confidentiality.

I would hope that would give us some protection. I'm begining to doubt at this point

that anyone has any real protection at all under this law.

• 3 months later...

I would like to beleive if you are a c.g and you are not doing anything ilegal under the current mma law, no one will mess with you, it is not a good idea to let anyone know about your actions or show anyone what you are doing, including your pts, it is your grow room and if they are your pt's they should be content with your services as long as you are holding to them. with out them ever seeing where their meds are grown!

I know currently the c.g and pt is the only one allowed inside the locked inclosed grow room, it says locked and enclosed, so best make sure it is a secure room indoors! dont ever be over your plant count ( i know that can be difficult at certain times) or cured, I wouldnt even take chances with the stems or any scraps, get rid of em as quick as you can, there are many ways to make lbs turn to ounces if you find yourself over in weight! :rolleyes: I dont suggest butter. although i love it, it turns oz's to lb's so not a good way to lower weight amount!

The law as it stands now is NOT a protection - it simply provides grounds for a legal defense. Unfortunately, having your card does not mean you are not going to be detained or incarcerated, or your meds or your grow seized and/or raided. In a perfect world...maybe eventually things will change for the better.

Archived