Elite Strains Only

quazzy2

I will just say this... most of these "elite" strains are not really what you are looking for if you are in need of strong medicine. Most elites have very little CBD, which seems to be quite important for medicinal strains. If we are truly honest with ourselves, we know these elites are drug cultivars and very profitable to grow.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MosCutty

I will just say this... most of these "elite" strains are not really what you are looking for if you are in need of strong medicine. Most elites have very little CBD, which seems to be quite important for medicinal strains. If we are truly honest with ourselves, we know these elites are drug cultivars and very profitable to grow.

This has been a very interesting dialog you guys have going here. However I will step in and correct you on this point. Elite Strains are "Elite" because they have high medicinal value, or Breeding qualities, or Historical value, however most are Low Yielders. Low yield has nothing to do with "Drug Cultivators."

And how are these strains very profitable to grow? Last I checked I get the same donation rate if I drop a Subcool strain or if I drop Chrome Diesel, or SFV OG. The only difference is more people may want too try the Elite, but this does not mean more donations.

This conversation has gone very far from the original posters intent. It should have stopped and waiting for Pics on what he's working with. No pics means It Don't Exist, that's the code people.

I got almost everyone on his list, now if he wants to show me something, then I can show him something. But, "Those who speak do not know."Baba Ramdev

Now everyone go chill and burn one.

Mos :))

Yeah it did get out of hand......guess im just dumbfounded that we are talking about a strain of medicine that doesn't cost you anything to take a cutting from and help someone...Not taking food out of someones mouth just sharing with fellow mj patients or even CG's around...

And let me define my "doesn't cost you anything"..........If your not the breeder.............

i might be wrong because i am new to growing and im willing to work at being a good grower and helping who i can when i can...i'd like to find a good strain that can help others out and hopefully it is elite

You shouldn't be dumbfounded.

The process is simple if your new. Get some beans, pop them and run them. Go through find you a couple of good keeper phenos. Then with those keeper phenos YOU found...post up and try and trade. You need to develop a reputation as well. Talk to people....post on the boards. Let everyone get to know you as an actual grower, not a hacker that wants a strain.

You need to understand the reluctance. Not everyone is going to pass out their gear for several reasons. Your a new grower, so what happens if i give you strain "XXX" Now not bashing your growing skills by any means, lets say that "XXX" is a picky strain and she comes out a little rough for your first time. Then you go and take your rough looking "XXX" to market and some people may try it and not like it. Then being that "XXX" is my bread and butter to keep my grow going, I take it to market and my price is pushed down, or even worse its turned away because of the "XXX' name and the reputation it received on the rough batch. See how this works?

Or you getting my ultra rare "ZZZ" and believe you should spread it around to back it up. So you spread it around to your patients and CG's. One of those CG's falls on hard times and decides to put 20 "ZZZ" cuttings on Craigslist. Now everyone has the ultra rare "ZZZ" cutting and I have yet again lost my competitive edge.

So there are a couple of scenarios that people go through with their rare cuts. People like to hold rare cuts close bro. I have many rare cuts I don't give out to my close friends....but then again I have cuts that I freely share.

Its all about working your way up the ladder bro.

You shouldn't be dumbfounded.

The process is simple if your new. Get some beans, pop them and run them. Go through find you a couple of good keeper phenos. Then with those keeper phenos YOU found...post up and try and trade. You need to develop a reputation as well. Talk to people....post on the boards. Let everyone get to know you as an actual grower, not a hacker that wants a strain.

You need to understand the reluctance. Not everyone is going to pass out their gear for several reasons. Your a new grower, so what happens if i give you strain "XXX" Now not bashing your growing skills by any means, lets say that "XXX" is a picky strain and she comes out a little rough for your first time. Then you go and take your rough looking "XXX" to market and some people may try it and not like it. Then being that "XXX" is my bread and butter to keep my grow going, I take it to market and my price is pushed down, or even worse its turned away because of the "XXX' name and the reputation it received on the rough batch. See how this works?

Or you getting my ultra rare "ZZZ" and believe you should spread it around to back it up. So you spread it around to your patients and CG's. One of those CG's falls on hard times and decides to put 20 "ZZZ" cuttings on Craigslist. Now everyone has the ultra rare "ZZZ" cutting and I have yet again lost my competitive edge.

So there are a couple of scenarios that people go through with their rare cuts. People like to hold rare cuts close bro. I have many rare cuts I don't give out to my close friends....but then again I have cuts that I freely share.

Its all about working your way up the ladder bro.

EXACTLY!goodjob.gif

again said i was new and not understanding the fact that its medicine...yes i understand if your a breeder and your making a great "elite" strain then yes u should be paid for your hard work.....but be for real....how many breeders are in here that are wasting away thousands of dollars to go through this.....all i can do is read and again he asked to buy or trade....

If your not willing to pass on a strain why even bother post about it? As for helping those out zoo thats wonderful and im glad u had compassion or have it with your patients.. one day i might be up there with your experience and maybe take my own risk of trying to grow something....maybe my outlook will be different (not) but still worth the try to see if there is something that someone else may get relief out of this is a good feeling anyday....

Am i asking for anythin?......Nope im comfortable with the strains that i am growing and i will change them when time permits or i want to try something different....so no begging here.... As for getting to know people....i will agree we have some very decent people that i have met from this site and they know who they are....without the advice and help from there im not sure i'd be this far along........Thank you

Now i'll be done with this because its not about an arguement and its really pointless to keep going on and on like i seem to be doing so have a great night and sorry for anyone who seems offended or got them tied up too fast....hope that i can meet more of ones ive already met :)

Archived