Difference Between Types Of Strains?

Brodel

Well I'm looking into what seeds to purchase and I was curious about the major strain names, and the differences. For example I'm NOT curious about is the difference between two different haze's, or two different kush's, but more curious about the difference between haze and kush. It seems the main stains are big bud, cheese, diesel, haze, kush, etc. How do all of these differ? Obviously I would be looking for the best high and the most yield are any of them better then others? Picking out the seeds was much more complicated then I imagined, haha..

Thanks for the advice, future caregiver so I'm trying to figure things out.

Well I'm looking into what seeds to purchase and I was curious about the major strain names, and the differences. For example I'm NOT curious about is the difference between two different haze's, or two different kush's, but more curious about the difference between haze and kush. It seems the main stains are big bud, cheese, diesel, haze, kush, etc. How do all of these differ? Obviously I would be looking for the best high and the most yield are any of them better then others? Picking out the seeds was much more complicated then I imagined, haha..

Thanks for the advice, future caregiver so I'm trying to figure things out.

To a future caregiver, I would suggest this from this patients perspective.

What is the ailment my patient is suffering from?

What symptoms are we attempting to use cannabis to treat?

Using the answer to these questions begin researching what strains will be most beneficial to your patients without regard to quality or yield.

Then order your care giving beans :)

The different strains (haze, Kush, Diesel, Whites ie white widow) are basically all variations of an original unique linage. IE. In the 70s some guy brought some beans from India in the Kush region, this original kush genetics have been crossed with other strains to create most of the strains you would be ordering seeds of.

Here is a kind of wicked cool tool to research some of the strains.

For instance here is the lineage of the hindu kush genetics I mentioned.

http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Hindu_Kush_Indica/Original_Strains/hybridmap/

I can tell you for me I get best medical effects from the sativa/sativa dominent strains. Especially for my asthma, also works very well for my back pain. Makes me sleepy after the racy head goes away LOL. The Indicas work well for heavier pain and make you more relaxed and sleepy.

Now that's a big question. As you grow you will learn which strains work for you and your patients. Go with ones that have good reputations and not the latest crazes. You will almost certainly want to go with a hybrid strain so you can get the best of both worlds sativa and indica. Some of the indicas have massive yields but have non-psychedelic highs. Those would be Northern Lights, Afghan (Kush), Hash Plant, to name a few. You're probably looking for something more like White Widow or Pure Power Plant. They were bred for indoor growing. Diesel and Cheese are the two most popular strains in the U.S. and U.K. respectively so your patients are almost guaranteed to like them.

Archived