Eastern Michigan Bans Medical Pot

LongHairBri

the underlying issue with that Jimi is one of my issues. I travel for work. i am gone all week, away from home. this is no different than a student being away from the permanent domacile while at college.

to that effect, i, like many college students, or anyone in Federally funded Public Housing of any kind, are all left out in the cold so to speak. This would include a persons with a Disability, ie, blindness, MS, Persons that either must untilize for mobilty, or live in a wheel chair ect.... yet live in a Federally funded Housing complex. I just finished reading on the Public Housing Act, and the administrations reply to requests of how to handle State Legal Cannabis, and Federal Housing restrictions on illecit drugs. quite a read.

i dont like it, but the way im reading/understanding for this conversation. i beleive the term public use, is not allowed, smoking specifically is singled out. but per the Definition of "Medical Use" as outlined by the act, all medical USE would be not protected under the Act, when carried out in an arena of public location.

this can be a twisted road as i currently interprit what i am reading. I hope I am fully mistaken, and Only Smoking is an exception to the Definition of "Medical Use" pertaining to a Public Arena setting.

This is true. I think a smoking. Ban specifically. Shoulld be in place as far as oils and eatables im all for that use on campus ...prob is not all people want to eat a brownie as those people imo are just being pigheaded about it it has the same effect if not a better one. Those. People that MUST SMOKE that's something they have to deal with like it or not ....go eat medable.

yesterday, or the day before, i read thru the public smoking ban here in Mi. it specifically states, and only states and effect Tobacco products. So the State ban on smoking does not cover, MMJ, Mj, Orange peals, catnip, nutmeg, or any other number of smokable products, only tobacco products.

so with that knowledge, i can conclude the "Smokeing specific" part of the MMMA, is singled out to help reflect, and comply with as a public health standard, that smoking medical cannabis is also prohibited in a public arena.

that then leaves me unsure on how to correctly interprit, section 7, line 2, subsection B. (sub section A and C are very obvious in my opinion, and are witout question. in sub section b, it outlines the term medical use, and the act itself lays out the definition of medical use where it pertains to the MMM Act itself. this is where my uncertainty lays atm. im still reading, and re reading to fully grasp the lineage of the law as it certainly effects how it must be interprited.

the way i see it I see these specific Terms being use " what about my rights as a citizen To SMOKE my Medical cannabis" this is defaulted cause of the fact What about the OTHER peoples RIGHTS as a citizen to go to college and not have to deal with someone smoking Medical cannabis . This Isn't a 1 Sided Issue ITS not JUST ABOUT YOU being Disabled as what not. Just cause someone has a Disability That Does not mean People have to abide and pardon you just cause You have a disability. Most likely alot of people could care less. that's just the way it is. Even with the smoking ban in MIchi I was a smoker of ciggs and Honestly I LOVE goin to resturants and bars now cause i can enjoy it more with out having some guy blow his cigg smoke all over my face and my food. Im still a smoker I love a good cigar... ALOT of people HATE cigars but do i Shove it down their throat no i don't , If they don't like it I'm respectful about it I don't mind takin it outside. Medical cannabis has the same effect. If anything BAN the smoking in Colleges... and when it's finally Decrim'd or Legal Open a Medable shop on campus. Problem solved. Everyone is happy and people that need it would be happy.

Archived