Id Cards Issued

legacy

The California Health Dept site shows that 50,000 patient cards have been issued to date.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/MMP/Pages/MMPCardDATA.aspx

Canorml estimates there are about 1,000,000 patients in California.

http://www.canorml.org/medical_marijuana

So 95% of the patients just use paperwork? Am I reading that correctly? I don't know much about their program, but there must be something big I'm missing. Maybe the card doesn't provide much more protection over paperwork... or maybe the 95% don't want their name on a govt list. Idk. Does anyone know?

The California Health Dept site shows that 50,000 patient cards have been issued to date.

http://www.cdph.ca.g...MPCardDATA.aspx

Canorml estimates there are about 1,000,000 patients in California.

http://www.canorml.o...dical_marijuana

So 95% of the patients just use paperwork? Am I reading that correctly? I don't know much about their program, but there must be something big I'm missing. Maybe the card doesn't provide much more protection over paperwork... or maybe the 95% don't want their name on a govt list. Idk. Does anyone know?

My understanding is Prop 215 did not require registration at all but Individual Counties started attempting to do that . It is not required by state law .

Yes. Here's a description of the CA Card Program:

The Medical Marijuana Program (MMP) was established to provide a voluntary medical marijuana identification card issuance and registry program for qualified patients and their caregivers. The web-based registry system allows law enforcement and the public to verify the validity of qualified patient or caregiver's card as authorization to possess, grow, transport and/or use Medical Marijuana in California.

From what I understand, as soon as you have a Doctor's Recommendation you are legal for medical use of cannabis, but your legal protections for growing and possessing larger amounts, etc. are very limited. By getting a card a person is given extra protections and it provides any LEO a patient encounters a way of easily verifying that patient's status theoretically avoiding additionally hassles that come with having to prove your status after the encounter.

• 2 months later...

Yes. Here's a description of the CA Card Program:

From what I understand, as soon as you have a Doctor's Recommendation you are legal for medical use of cannabis, but your legal protections for growing and possessing larger amounts, etc. are very limited. By getting a card a person is given extra protections and it provides any LEO a patient encounters a way of easily verifying that patient's status theoretically avoiding additionally hassles that come with having to prove your status after the encounter.

As being both a grower and Patient, I have 3 separate pieces of paper -- one is for display at the grow area (Laminated for the elements) and another for my wallet -- when transporting -- and a third for the vault! all stating how many plants (in my case 75 Mature) and usage of one ounce per day.

The amount varies from patient to patient - and depending on the doctor we can be alowed up to 99 Mature Plants if needed- this is again -- signed by Doctor - I was going to get a card from the county I live in ..... this was going to be an invesment of 250.00!!! and include a picture by the local Sheriff's Dept (NO THANK YOU!!)

I was not in NO way going to do this -- not when an hour drive to a Doctor and a C-note got me covered!

Note--- I am a stage 4 Lung Cancer Patient: Utilizing RS Oil Daily has stopped my cancer in its tracks!!! last appt doctor stated that cancer is DORMANT!!

Good Luck and I would love to talk to othjers in Ca!!

Homey D.

Good for you Homie. That is a wonderfully positive message you carry. Thanks for sharing. i have a few friends in Cali who just use the paperwork. no Issues. "Just something in the air" is all .cops say anymore. The understand they have bigger more dangerous issues to deal with. Your story is a good one for anyone to hear. :thumbsu:

Archived