Patient/cg Relationships

Emmet Co Care Giver

I'm currently a patient, with a caregiver. I have a friend who would like me to become his caregiver. I'd like to do this for him, but I'm unable to grow in my current situation. Would I be legal to have someone be my caregiver, but still be a caregiver for another patient? I've always considered this to be a legal course of action, but when I mentioned it to my current caregiver he seemed to think it was completely illegal. My CG said I can't have a CG for myself AND be a CG for someone else.

Thoughts?

plant possessions and such things.

as a cg to your pt, do you or the pt hold plants? to your CG does he or you possess your plants.

if your a cg to 5 and a pt, your cg cant grow for you AND your patients, he can only grow for you personally as a patient.

one would want to be sure the logistics are correct as not not create a sticky issue should an issue arise along the way.

ie your cg cant possess 72 plants for you, as a CG Pt, which would include your assigned patients. he can only possess 12 plants for you personally, and 2.5 oz for you personally. like wise, he can not hold in reserve any more cannabis than he is legal to possess, which would be 2.5 oz for you, not 15 oz for you and your assigned patients.

hope that makes sense.

Thanks everyone, that's exactly the way I had understood it. Timmahh, crystal clear...my CG will have just my 12 plants, I'll have the 12 plants (eventually) for the patient to whom I'm a CG. I never intended to have exponential plant count increases, just want to be able to have a CG myself to supply my needs and that of my single patient. Once I'm up and running with an operation, I'll likely still keep my caregiver just so that we'll all have ready access to meds and genetics.

Thanks again for your thoughts everyone!

While this might be legal. I asked the same question a year ago. A few pointed out to me a pyramid scheme (Their words not mine.) would not look favorable in the eye's of the law thus you would be put to the test of the law if you ever had a problem. Legal and what people presume to be legal are two different things. A person is innocent until proven guilty? Ya, not in this state er.. country.

This is an untested area of the law, no case law has examined this kind of relationship.

A CG with a CG? The MMMact describes relationships as patient and CG, and nothing about CG helping another CG, so just because it is not worded, as the COA said, it is not a defense.

The very important part of this converstation is this -

"but when I mentioned it to my current caregiver he seemed to think it was completely illegal. My CG said I can't have a CG for myself AND be a CG for someone else."

If I was your CG and you wanted to do behavior that could put me at risk, I would drop you. This is not just about you, its about your CG - who will probably have to increase his grow to provide for your CG business. If you get busted, they can raid his house too.

DN

Archived