If There Were Ever A Pro-Marijuana Video To Go Viral, This Is It

David1946

If There Were Ever A Pro-Marijuana Video To Go Viral, This Is It

http://blog.norml.org/2011/11/18/if-there-were-ever-a-pro-marijuana-video-to-go-viral-this-is-it/

THE BEST 4 MINUTES ABOUT MARIJUANA LEGALIZATION YET SPOKEN—Do your part—Help this piece go viral! G.R.

By George Rohrbacher, NORML Board of Directors, medical marijuana patient

In the decade that I’ve been on NORML’s board, I’ve worked with scores of bright, accomplished and passionate advocates for ending America’s 74-years of marijuana prohibition. Like never before, these voices are building into a chorus calling for the end of this cruel prohibition, whose penalties are suffered most by the poor, the young and people of color. This disastrous prohibition has led to the arrest of over 22 million Americans on marijuana charges since 1965.

Last week, dripping with irony, at the very same time the Obama Administration was stiffing the American public’s most popular action petition (for marijuana legalization) and was declaring all-out war on medical marijuana through the DOJ, IRS, etc., at this very same moment in history, we saw the huge verification of the success of NORML’s steady approach, the fruit of decades of work changing public opinion on subject of pot legalization. FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1969, WHEN GALLUP POLLS STARTED ASKING THE QUESTION—50% OF AMERICANS NOW BELIEVE MARIJUANA SHOULD BE LEGAL!!

Reflecting on achieving this auspicious milestone of public opinion, MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell gives America the very best 4 min. on marijuana legalization we have ever heard. He asks the question, how public opinion could have grown to 50%, while support in the US Senate for legalization still stays at 0%. How, he asks, can America’s politicians, law enforcement and judges callously stand by while millions of young lives are wrecked by marijuana prohibition

O’Donnell, formerly chief of Staff for the Senate Finance Committee, has gone toe-to-toe with the movers and shakers in government many times before. But this time, on the subject of marijuana legalization, O’Donnell does some of his finest work. With arguments as razor-sharp as a battle axe, he relentlessly chops away at the system that gives us marijuana prohibition and enforced by alcohol-sodden public officials stewing in hypocrisy. O’Donnell’s piece should be linked to all marijuana-related communications you send out in the coming year, sent to everyone on your email list, every single public official.

Please, help this piece go VIRAL, where it belongs!

• 3 weeks later...

good video, strait to the point :D.....medical maijana is such a big thing i wish they would just put it up for a vote everywhere vs. making us take "the long road" id like to see top pharmacist/scientist's on both sides (pro/con) have a debate about this on national television. honestly the people i know that are pro know the history and truths about maijana way more than those that are agenst it...if you ask some one why it should not be legal the #1 reson i hear is that it ruins life when the fact is that the only reason it ruins life's is because some one gets caught and arrested just like if they were drinking and driving the automatically have a drinking problem :/

Archived