And The Winner Is--Root Shooters!

pic book

This is from my shy buddy Terry in Flint. Did I say Shy? No one but him and his dog have entered his house or pole barn grow in 4 years. Anyway he informed me tonight of his side-by-side test of rockwool and root shooters. The shooters won in a big way, more and longer and faster roots. Course, he only runs 1 strain so results may vary by stain, and he only clones ebbnflow so diff method may have diff results. But his conclusion? Throw the rest of his rockwool 1 x 1s in the trash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When it comes to propogation media, Jiffy Preforma (branded by Advanced and Hydrofarm) stomps everything else. Even with their consistency issues (found more than 1 in every tray that had a large semi composted twig or two).

Aero cloners are just as good, and better for beginners since worrying about humidity isn't as big of an issue.

However, cloning time is cloning time. If done right, Aero or Preforma will root cut for cut.

So if your good with a dome, try the Preforma!

If you have an Aero cloner, keep it!

Its like the old argument that hydro finishes faster than soil, just a bunch of bad speculation science.

Archived