Please Help Browning Leaves -----Update

So it looks like I had a lot more going on than I thought. I was nutrient deficient, had spider mites (very beginnings) and unknowingly had super cold temps at night. I also had a 35% RH and the root zone because of the concrete never got warm. The heater I put in there just could not keep up when the the lights went out and it was dropping into the high 50 degree mark which is super cold.

soooooo....with all that and a recent super low temp drop in my area, just after I posted the pics they went down hill fast and all the leaves looked pretty bad.

Here is all of my solutions. (please note I did all of this slowly over the course of the week so it did not shock my plants too much)

Watered with light nutrients and cal mag with a few drops of superthrive for stress

the next day they perked up a bit.

Bought a temp/rh digital thermometer that gives me high and low readings to show temp history at HD along with some foam insulation sheets that have dimpled foil on one side. ( boy was I shocked when I saw the night temps). I cut squares out of the sheets and taped the edges and got the plants up 3/4 off the floor on insulated pieces so they cant get cold

Put a second heater in there on a night cycle timer so it wont get too hot during the day

Sprayed with NS17 for spider mites ( not far along only 5 or 6 leaves with a few mites and eggs so that should do it I hope)

Trimmed off all the dead leaves

Second watering with very small dose of superthrive for stress and very small dose of molasses to give them extra carbs to heal.

Leaving water buckets out there all the time instead of just the day before brings RH up to 42- 45%

WOW....this will definately show me the importance of daily inspections. I was sick for some time in bed but was trying to check on them when I could. I was not however really looking at the leaves all over enough cause I missed mites and cold stress for a few days and then they turned kinda quick when the temps around here dropped so low.

I cannot thank-everyone enough for all your help. As soon as I can I will post pics of them. I want to wait a few days too so they can fully recover.

i'm glad things improved for you,,,i really like the super thrive,its something you can do straight away,knowing that you're doing no harm...i used to use it all the time,every feeding, but then i read that in tests you had higher rates of males if used from germination..but for sick plants and transplants its the bee's knees,,lol,,glad your plants are happier...bp

• 5 months later...

i'm glad things improved for you,,,i really like the super thrive,its something you can do straight away,knowing that you're doing no harm...i used to use it all the time,every feeding, but then i read that in tests you had higher rates of males if used from germination..but for sick plants and transplants its the bee's knees,,lol,,glad your plants are happier...bp

Wow I have'nt heard that about superthrive turning your plants male, and I have been using it right along for a mild foliar spray on veg plants. As well as, using it for every watering for clones and veg plants, at a very low dose. I also am trying a new product for transplants so they don't stress, it's named "No Shock" Has a NPK of 1-4-4 by Advanced Nutrients.

Have you seen a difference by not using superthrive?, and maybe you should use female seeds instead of regs. I would go with clones, and stay away from any genetics, this way to make sure your getting "all female" plants....jmo