How Will The New Medicare Tax Effect Patients

I just received my medicare insurance bill for the month . It says a medicare 1% tax was approved and raised my premium by that amount . Is that it or will I have to keep track of my expenditures under medicare for the year and have to send the state 1% for every medicare reimbursed service i receive . For poor folks that could be a terrible burden . I really cannot believe it is legal under the Headlee Amendment . Have a complex compound fracture that cost $40,000 you would owe the State of Michigan $400 in April . Am I not understanding something right or is it just a tax on the premium .? There has to be a lower income limit of poverty or something if it applies to everything or there will be poor people being jailed . Can anyone ease my fear . I get by with coupons , buying everything on sale when I can not when I want it etc . However paying 1% on my yearly insurance claim under all medicare activity would be a terrible hardship .

Edited by Croppled1

Is this what you are speaking of...I receive Medicare and haven't seen or read any mention of a one percent tax assessment.

About the Michigan 1% claims tax

https://www.priorityhealth.com/employer/manual/billing/claims-tax.aspx

<H1 id=article-headline>Michigan bill would add 1% tax on paid health care claims

http://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20110630/BENEFITS02/110639990

</H1>

Yes I received my Blue Cross medicare part C coverage bill and they charged me 1% with a letter saying if I switched to a PPO I wouldn't have to pay it . I like what coverage I have ( still the old school covered anywhere by any provider plan that they always try to get you out of ) . I only read the top link so far but it is scary if you must pay it direct . Hopefully it will be amotorized but I can still see a issue where some people have to drop coverages due to affordabillity . AARP 's site stated 20% of Michigans residents are on medicaid which suprised me .

Edited by Croppled1