Welfare of 5 year old

We are wondering how this turned out or if it's still going on.

We are both patients and 1 of us is a caregiver for 2 patients.

We have 3 kids and 1 is plenty old enough to watch the other 2 (17 years old) when needed.

We had 5 police show up at our house with k9 and they said they came to check on the welfare of our 5 year old.

They said the could smell the plants outside and what's going on...I said its all legal and they laughed.

They said cps isn't going to be ok with kids being in the house with plants or parents who are patients.

They didn't come in the house, they just told us cps will be contacting us.

The kids were not home also.

Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Signpeople

Administration Moved Post to OWN thread

As long as you have cards and it's locked up then they have NO business coming to your house. If they come tell them to speak to your attorney and hand them a copy of the law pointing to the section that covers children. Then go back inside your house and slam the door shut. Do speak with a lawyer as your not criminals period.....

IMO, And not trying to sound like a fear monger, this is what I would do,

1. Make sure your grow op and house are legal. Be ready at any time to pass the white glove inspection. Also, like mentioned previously, get a carbon filter. If they can smell that outside your house so can criminals. You do not want to put your family or yourself at risk. Some of these @$$holes will have no problem getting violent or even taking hostages.

2. Get a lawyer, sadly you're probably going to need one cause these self appointed self righteous heroes that call themselves social workers will take it personally and will try everything they can to bring you down. So I'd be prepared. Pay the retainer and keep them ready to go at any time.

3. Get a good sized Guard dog that alerts especially to police, put it through discipline training(for court purposes; shows you took proper measures to keep people safe from it, especially officers). This should help to slow any surprise visits down and quite possibly buy you enough time to prepare before they get all the way into your house. Since the police just didn't kick your door in and raid you right then and there(trust me they can do whatever they want, warrant or no warrant), tells me they are in some way fearful of the Medical Marijuana law. They must respect some of it's weight at some level. But I'm guessing if they get enough pressure put on them they will come back when you least expect it, and they won't be so nice about it. Think about that. They will traumatize your children and then charge you with child endangerment/neglect/abuse. They will rip your house to shreds, seize what they want, including your bank accounts so you cannot defend yourself properly(hence the retainer fee from step one). And they can do that and not have to pay you a penny back for damages. They are protected by a law that allows them to do that.

4. Buy one of those cheap security camera/monitor deals for about $50.00 from home depot/sams and screen all visitors. If you don't know who they are or it is a police officer do the combat roll and don't answer your door. You are not legally obligated to have to answer your door to anyone last I checked, including the police. If they kick your door in say nothing! You do not have to answer any of their questions, NONE!!! They will tell you you're going to rot in jail, be in more trouble, Bla, Bla, Bla. It's all B.S. All they have the power to do is beat you down and then throw you into a cage, that's it, period! It's a judge, jury, and prosecutor who decides your fate. And deny any interrogations without your lawyer present, that is your right. Also watch out for the good cop/bad cop routine. And always, ALWAYS, deny all searches, period!!!

5. Last but not least, consider moving you're grow to another place temporarily, or into another building on the same property to show that you have at some level tried to keep it away from the children. I know, I know, you shouldn't have to go through all of this, but you might. So have a plan ready, talk it over with your spouse(i.e. if you go to jail she contacts lawyer, or if both of you go, oldest kid calls lawyer, etc.), and do some scenario training. Like, ask your spouse "what will you say if the police come in here?" Hopefully the answer will be "nothing." Maybe one of you heads the police off while the other get's things locked up, etc. Have all of this planned ahead of time and practice it like a fire drill. Keep your grow room clean and as safe as possible, keep a fire extinguisher in the room, etc. So if you stand in front of a jury you won't look so neglectful.

These are a few ways to be prepared, good luck, And I hope you send these idiots a packing! :thumbsu:

You need to take pre-emptive action now. Police are on your case, with CPS coming next for your kid. Time for the best legal defense available to you. Call Attorney Matt Newburg in Lansing at 517.505.2323 since he has expertise in CPS cases, has saved parents from having kids taken away by CPS. He also is Michigan's leading mmj attorney and is a former Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Eaton County so he knows the cops & Courts playbook inside-out. Cut no corners here..CPS has devious weapons & rules to take your kids away.

I am so sorry to read this!

I want to say so much as this has happened to my family also!

For now all I can say is take preventive measures, get the carbon filters, clean the place up pronto! only keep a few plants in budd, Leo already knows your growing and if you get rid of everything, It mite look worse, JMO!

We did everything they said to do, they visited our home a few times, threatened and scared the hell out of us. They visited our children at school w/o our knowledge or permission!

All I can say is our children are educated about mm and why Myself and Their Mother choose to medicate with it rather than opoids!

We made it so can You!

My Family Wishes You the Best!

Hi I wanted to share my story of CPs at my home. Long story short my wife's ex husband was telling there 7 year old false statements about what I do. I'm a cg and patient. And the ex told the 7 year old to go to school and tell the teachers all these lies. My wife got a phone call from CPs and they came the next morning for and inspection of the living situation. When the social worker arrived in our home she was thrown off guard because the house was nothing like what she herd in the report filed. She asked to see the garden, I had no problem doig so. Because I follow the law 100%. She checked my cards and did a plant count. Also made sure my room was locked. Which it was. The social worker then told us there running into a lot of these same problems. The law states patients or cg will NOt have custody rights affected by our choice of medicine. She then went on to tell us that all CPs agents are going into a training program to handle these types of complaints. Follow and uphold the law and you have nothing to fear. Make sure everything is locked and enclosed and your within your numbers and u will be just fine. God bless

Ok, a quick update then I have to help my 5 year old with her homework.

They came back yesterday much nicer...different officers.

They said they needed to come in and see the kids to be sure everything is ok with them.

They checked them and the house for food water and all that stuff and was fine.

We are both patients and I am a caregiver for 2 other people.

We have 44 plants right now all in the locked basement.

We do have filters, the smell was a leak. It's fixed already and the house dosent smell like anything

We have a 16 (17 in 2 weeks) year old daughter, 5 1/2 year old daughter and a 7 month old son.

My wife was called by cps this afternoon and they want to come to the house and talk to us tomorrow morning.

My lawyer is calling me shortly to advise me and hopefully will be here for the

Im sure there is more I could say, but I can't think straight I'm so worried about my kids.

Thank you all for your advice and support it is very much appreciated!

SignPeople

Ok, a quick update then I have to help my 5 year old with her homework.

They came back yesterday much nicer...different officers.

They said they needed to come in and see the kids to be sure everything is ok with them.

They check them and the house for food water and all that.

The police officers yesterday said this seams a waste of time.

Asked if we had enemies or someone we recently were fighting with etc.....and we don't know anyone who should have a prob with us.

They said they would give cps there info and they left.

The only negative thing they said was they don't think I should smoke in the house with the kids living there.

I had smoker inside yesterday at about 2 pm and the kids are home at 4 cops came 415 and said it smelled strong in the house.

I have a bad cold and didnt notice it or I would have sprayed something earlier.

I told them we usually smoke in the garage or use foods which are always kept locked up.

We are both patients and I am a caregiver for 2 other people (my father and brother).

We have 44 plants right now. 23 in flower in 4 different stages. In an 8x8 tent.

We have 2 tents 2x4 used for veg and a 4x4 we dry in...all in the locked basement.

We keep dried meds in our bedroom and keep the door locked if we are not in the room.

We do have filters, the smell was a leak. It's fixed already and the house dosent smell like anything anymore.

We have aprox 5-6 oz in the house right now.

We have a 16 (17 in 2 weeks) year old daughter, 5 1/2 year old daughter and a 7 month old son.

My wife was called by cps this afternoon and they want to come to the house and talk to us tomorrow morning.

My lawyer is calling me shortly to advise me and hopefully will be here for the meeting.

He dosent handle custody/cps stuff but is better then nobody and I have know since I was a kid.

Im sure there is more I could say, but I can't think straight I'm so worried about my kids.

Thank you all for your advice and support it is very much appreciated!

SignPeople

TMI

Archived