Hearings - Is There Coordination Of Messages

washtenaut

I know the MMMA doesn't have control over many of those giving testimonials in the upcoming hearings. What I am concerned about is being sure that we hit ALL the necessary points during our time.

The testimonials are a terrific way to put faces to the movement and to make it a health care issue rather than a law enforcement issue. We certainly need folks to stand up and tell how medical cannabis has helped them.

We don't need 25 of those in a row however. We need to be sure we have folks hitting the other points. We especially want to be sure that we are talking about the proposed legislation too and how it will impact the patients in the program.

It seems like we need a 'baseball manager' type to be able to move potential testifiers in and out of the line-up depending on the course the hearings seem to be taking.

Also, it struck me that there will be a contingent that is against the original act and will want to push for further legal constraints. We will need to be ready to counter points that are made during the hearings.

Still need to determine "when" testimony is. From the letter,

"...Public testimony will begin at the next regularly scheduled meeting on March 1, 2012."

it appears that this Thurs. 2/23 is for the legislators to present the revisions to the bills that no one has seen yet, and then take public testimony on 3/1.

Archived