Heater In Bloom Room

Letterhead954

My bloom room is in a corner of my basement. A week ago I put my first plants into flower, but noticed that the room was only in the mid to upper 60's, even though my basement was in the mid-70's. So I put a quartz heater in there to keep it warm. I just realized that a quartz heater puts out light. Is that going to be a problem? If so, what else can I do? I'm running a 1000 watt hps air cooled light. Since it has a cover over the light, would that over-heat if I disconnected the ducting from it in order to use the light for heat? Any help would be appreciated.

My bloom room is in a corner of my basement. A week ago I put my first plants into flower, but noticed that the room was only in the mid to upper 60's, even though my basement was in the mid-70's. So I put a quartz heater in there to keep it warm. I just realized that a quartz heater puts out light. Is that going to be a problem? If so, what else can I do? I'm running a 1000 watt hps air cooled light. Since it has a cover over the light, would that over-heat if I disconnected the ducting from it in order to use the light for heat? Any help would be appreciated.

How do you have it enclosed? Keep your light the same don't disconnect the ducting, you might fry your plants or cause some havoc, but is it possible that there is too much air flow going into the area? Do you have a remote ballast you can use in there? I grow this way but no cool light yet, soon to have one being graciously donated to me, I move a lot of air from the basement to the veg to the bud room. Right now I am actually having to keep the bud room open during the light cycle to keep the temp down. The temp with the door open right now is about 76 but closed it adds another 10*

Thanks guys. I'll remove the heater. But since my light has a clear cover to seal it, will it over-heat if I remove the ducting? The cover is hinged so I can't remove it, only let it hang. I realize that if I remove the ducting I will probably have to raise the light to keep it further from the plants. I have a speed control for my blower, and have it set really low in order to try to keep more heat in. Perhaps I should disconnect the duct and turn the fan up to get more warm air in there?

Bri, I've been told to keep my room in the mid-70's. Won't cooler temps slow growth, or in bloom can the air be cooler?

Thanks guys. I'll remove the heater. But since my light has a clear cover to seal it, will it over-heat if I remove the ducting? The cover is hinged so I can't remove it, only let it hang. I realize that if I remove the ducting I will probably have to raise the light to keep it further from the plants. I have a speed control for my blower, and have it set really low in order to try to keep more heat in. Perhaps I should disconnect the duct and turn the fan up to get more warm air in there?

Bri, I've been told to keep my room in the mid-70's. Won't cooler temps slow growth, or in bloom can the air be cooler?

You know what I would do is try it out and stand watch with a temp gauge. I found that when my temp dropped a few nights one of my plants took a bit of a hit and did not produce as well. That is just my experience and have only a few years under my belt. Can you hook your cover up with metal coat hangers or something of the like so it doesn't hang.

Archived