Gop Lawmaker's Bill Would Allow Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

I have been following this thread and similar ones and I have to say, I do not understand the suggested problem.

As I read the language in the proposed bill it appears to me that it allows a dispensary to also operated a collective or co-op type grow facility that would provide space to registered caregivers for their grows. Why is that any different than a caregiver growing at home and selling their overages to the dispensary?

Did I miss something or is this much ado about nothing?

However, the cultivation language could still be removed by amendment. More importantly, continue to educate Callton and other lawmakers with the problems and potential issues with allowing for large commercial grows.

Isn't that what's happening in Cali. now ? Feds. coming down on large growing operations ?

Can't wait for this 'State sponsored' dispensary bill to butt heads with the DEA and the other FEDERAL LEO agencies that say 'dispensaries are illigal'.

Good 'action' is going to happen with this one!

State's right against FEDERAL law.

Gonna be interesting.

All distribution outlets should not be allowed to grow, they should be forced to rely on caregivers and patients for their supply. If they can grow their own then they will not accept excess meds from outside sources.

Mike

My own feeling is the one that avoids corruption - Farmers Markets with direct transfers between any cardholder . No conspiracies to distribute large amounts . However people wanting to control co-op or dispensary grows funneling that money through their hands to expense or hide profits won't like that idea . Joe seemed to prove it can be done just rent the space so the proprietor is only subject to normal non profit taxation . Communities all over the State already have Farmers Markets they sell subsidized space in . Keep all security and costs to a minimum . I saw the Jackson Market though a private operation they did it quite well with few employee's . The first time they had someone walk patients to their cars that was a nice touch . I was very surprised the locker method in Mt Pleasant wasn't found legal by the COA that sure looked good too other then a 3rd party facilitated transactions which causes a problem with conspiracy to distrubute . When each caregiver or patient distributes their own in a Farmers Market that is no longer the case and it is under the Federal Limits . I do not think it is necessary but for taxation you can use a special currency at the markets that caregivers or patients selling cash with the State and obtain a 1099 for . However then again you put people in jepordy of federal restribution it is better to let people file taxes on their own like every other business endeavor . We do not tax prescribed medical supplies in Michigan recommended ones shouldn't be either at our State level . The new business activity creates tons of spillover economic activity that is new and already taxed . The transfers give incentive to patients to remain active and money to those who can grow who often have no job opertunties due to being patients on the program and the lack of job protection for participants under our State Law .

Edited by Croppled1

My own feeling is the one that avoids corruption - Farmers Markets with direct transfers between any cardholder . No conspiracies to distribute large amounts . However people wanting to control co-op or dispensary grows funneling that money through their hands to expense or hide profits won't like that idea . Joe seemed to prove it can be done just rent the space so the proprietor is only subject to normal non profit taxation . Communities all over the State already have Farmers Markets they sell subsidized space in . Keep all security and costs to a minimum . I saw the Jackson Market though a private operation they did it quite well with few employee's . The first time they had someone walk patients to their cars that was a nice touch . I was very surprised the locker method in Mt Pleasant wasn't found legal by the COA that sure looked good too other then a 3rd party facilitated transactions which causes a problem with conspiracy to distrubute . When each caregiver or patient distributes their own in a Farmers Market that is no longer the case and it is under the Federal Limits . I do not think it is necessary but for taxation you can use a special currency at the markets that caregivers or patients selling cash with the State and obtain a 1099 for . However then again you put people in jepordy of federal restribution it is better to let people file taxes on their own like every other business endeavor . We do not tax prescribed medical supplies in Michigan recommended ones shouldn't be either at our State level . The new business activity creates tons of spillover economic activity that is new and already taxed . The transfers give incentive to patients to remain active and money to those who can grow who often have no job opertunties due to being patients on the program and the lack of job protection for participants under our State Law .

:blow-a-heart: