Doctor Ask For Urine Sample.

I went to my regular doctor today for my check up and he ask's me several times if I do drugs, I replied no each time and then he says that he wants a urine sample so I do it. What can happen? I never told him about my mmj card because I just did not want to hear him lecture me or get mad. I just don't know what to expect any ideas would be great.

Is he a pain management physician? Does he prescribe maintenance narcotic medications for you? Do you have a drug usage contract with him? If yes to any of those, you're probably going to have a problem with him. Did you ask him why he was requesting the urine screen, who was paying for it, and what his clinical rational for ordering it was?

Is he a pain management physician? Does he prescribe maintenance narcotic medications for you? Do you have a drug usage contract with him? If yes to any of those, you're probably going to have a problem with him. Did you ask him why he was requesting the urine screen, who was paying for it, and what his clinical rational for ordering it was?

No, I am Epileptic so he only provides me with Anit-seizure meds, I did not have to pay for it and I am not sure if they are drug testing everyone since some things around his office have changed, I did not ask him because he said it as he was going out the door, Im not sure if they can tell from an eye exam or any other exam that I have used it but I did not medicate at all before my doctor appt today.

general doc or neurologist?

i have a buddy who did some blood work for his neurologist.

it was only to see how much epilepsy medication was in his blood while he was changing meds.

did an hmo buy out your doctors office?

we've heard some stories of hospital/hmo doctors refusing to give mmj recs due to policy.

the only other thing i've read is some pain management clinics refusing to give opiates if people were also using medical marijuana.

as for your doctor, we cant really tell whats to happen.

your medical records are protected by HIPPA , so the only thing he can do is drop you as a patient.

i'm not sure if your insurance can access your medical records,

some doctors have been dropping people due to mmj cards. it happens.

its all up to the doctor really. is there something specific you are concerned about ?

general doc or neurologist?

i have a buddy who did some blood work for his neurologist.

it was only to see how much epilepsy medication was in his blood while he was changing meds.

did an hmo buy out your doctors office?

we've heard some stories of hospital/hmo doctors refusing to give mmj recs due to policy.

the only other thing i've read is some pain management clinics refusing to give opiates if people were also using medical marijuana.

as for your doctor, we cant really tell whats to happen.

your medical records are protected by HIPPA , so the only thing he can do is drop you as a patient.

i'm not sure if your insurance can access your medical records,

some doctors have been dropping people due to mmj cards. it happens.

its all up to the doctor really. is there something specific you are concerned about ?

He is a neurologist and he never gave my rec, my guess is that before he shared an office with another doctor and know he dosent that he went through paper work and saw that I had gotten medical records. The only thing im concerned about is what he is going to do.

My doctor, signed my certification, on the condition I stop the pain meds and muscle relaxers.

He will continue to sign for my MMJ, as long as THC and Prozac are the only two things he finds in any random urine drop.

If your doctor is not on the same page as you, then you might need to look around.