Need Some Facts

Nevets

So as I'm sure you've noticed, I'm a first time user on this website and I have a few questions.

The first one being that I'm seeking a mmj friendly physician, and would like to know: Are there any MMJ friendly physicians in the Grand Rapids area?

The second, more of a current scenario. You see, I don't have a primary care physician, and haven't had one for a while now. However, I was seeing a doctor (albeit, over a television) while I was attending community mental health appointments. He gave me prescriptions and the like, but I never met him in person. (My prescriptions were for anxiety and depression, as I have a severe public phobia and tend to avoid leaving my house if ever possible: It's a scary world out there.) I had also mentioned to him that I suffer from a constant physical pain in my back and in my knees (Hell forbid I stand up without getting a jolt of anguish). However, I haven't seen him since April of last year or so and would like to qualify for MMJ. My question on this one is: How do I go about qualifying? Do I have to obtain a PCP and suffer through whichever pills he/she wants to put me on as well?

Note: I'm doing this because I want to do away with absolutely as many of the pills in my diet as I possibly can.

Not sure if I'm doing this corretly or not but there.

1. no idea. try using weedmaps/craigslist to locate doctors. a lot of PCP wont write mmj recs.

2. get your medical records from your old doctor and take them to the doctor who will see you for a mmj evaluation. if you're going to a mmj friendly doctor, and you tell him your apprehension to using addictive prescription painkillers, he/she will take care of you.

dont sweat it. i was in a similar boat. i'm glad i made the step.

You have no obligation to fill a prescription, or take the pills.

After not being to see him for almost 10 years, I went to see the Dr who rebuilt my ankle, three times, in two months to create the needed records for certification, I had scripts for hundreds of vicodin.

He even knew that I did NOT want them. He told me that for $5(copay at the time) I should fill them just in case.

Scripts take up very little space in the garbage.

So, after searching for places in my area, I have the following choices and would like to know if anyone has used any of these particular places and wouldn't mind recomending one or two.

Michigan Medical Marijuana Certification Center (Grand Rapids)

Michigan Holistic Health of Grand Rapids

SOHAI (Society Of Healing Arts Institute)

Grand Rapids Alternative Care

Cannabis Consultants of Grand Rapids

Well...there is the list of what is available to me. It's going to be difficult to get myself out of my safe little mancave but..I really hope this is the best choice for me...I think it is.

And while it would seem that I'm not required to take the prescriptions, I really am. I have panic attacks watching the TV for hells sake.

Edited by Nevets

I'd be careful using these MMMP friendly MD or OD. The DEA has no problem destroying the career of anyone who is willing to put their DEA number on a MJ application. These super friendly "application happy" doctors are typically the target of the DEA as they are constantly passing applications with out the proper medical records and bona fied relationship with the patient.