Sentencing Of Legally Compliant Medical Marijuana Providers Highlights Harmful Obama Policy

Anyone can go and read the court transcripts

i don't think just anyone can read them it would cost you a lot of $$$ to be able to and i do agree that we or i don't know the true story here 

and thats why i do go to people's court days one time someone came to a club meeting and had ask us all to support him in court so a lot of people did only to find out at the hearing  that their where other drugs he was using 

This is a direct consequence of the war on drugs. It is old news that the prohibition over the last several decades drives the cost of the drug and becomes an incentive to make some fast money. The tables are turning, and said prohibition is no longer on the public's short list to continue, but is now considered to be counter to our best interests. The government's stubborn complicity in ensuring that it continue is more at fault in this, or for that matter any drug charge, than any defendant's part in a prosecution. We know this, and reports are that the people are aware of the waste.

I will not wring my hands over this or any prosecution, but continue in the work to bring it to an end. Anything else is just killin' time.

some will say that these people and others that our jailed is just the way it has to be to be able to move on (to get what we all want)

Freedom to use marihuana for medical reasons 

or just to be able to say the words medical in front of a jury and that has not happen as of today 6/15/2013

i know of no case that has maid it to a jury in Michigan we where almost their 

No Bob, you have the constitutional right to a jury for any crime that you can get sentenced to six months or more.  Chief Justice Berger was presiding over the Supreme Court when the ruling was made, so it's nothing new.  No judge can keep you from a jury trial unless it's punishable only by a fine or less than six months in jail.

.....and yes, I am familiar with your trial, that you decided to take before a judge rather than jury.

...and yes, I do know that I'm a leader here.  That's why I always make sure to give accurate legal advice.

If Oakland County is keeping you from a jury trial for any offense punishable by more than six months, you should get a lawyer and sue them, Bob.  They can't go against a supreme court ruling.

The Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads:

The Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution affords criminal defendants seven discrete personal liberties: (1) the right to aSpeedy Trial; (2) the right to a public trial; (3) the right to an impartial jury; (4) the right to be informed of pending charges; (5) the right to confront and to cross-examine adverse witnesses; (6) the right to compel favorable witnesses to testify at trial through the subpoena power of the judiciary; and (7) the right to legal counsel. Ratified in 1791, the Sixth Amendment originally applied only to criminal actions brought by the federal government.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

Over the past century, all of the protections guaranteed by the Sixth Amendment have been made applicable to the state governments through the doctrine of selective incorporation. Under this doctrine, the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment require each state to recognize certain fundamental liberties that are enumerated in the Bill of Rights because such liberties are deemed essential to the concepts of freedom and equality. Together with the Supremacy Clause of Article VI, the Fourteenth Amendment prohibits any state from providing less protection for a right conferred by the Sixth Amendment than is provided under the federal Constitution.

If Oakland County is keeping you from a jury trial for any offense punishable by more than six months, you should get a lawyer and sue them, Bob.  They can't go against a supreme court ruling.

The Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads:

The Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution affords criminal defendants seven discrete personal liberties: (1) the right to aSpeedy Trial; (2) the right to a public trial; (3) the right to an impartial jury; (4) the right to be informed of pending charges; (5) the right to confront and to cross-examine adverse witnesses; (6) the right to compel favorable witnesses to testify at trial through the subpoena power of the judiciary; and (7) the right to legal counsel. Ratified in 1791, the Sixth Amendment originally applied only to criminal actions brought by the federal government.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

Over the past century, all of the protections guaranteed by the Sixth Amendment have been made applicable to the state governments through the doctrine of selective incorporation. Under this doctrine, the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment require each state to recognize certain fundamental liberties that are enumerated in the Bill of Rights because such liberties are deemed essential to the concepts of freedom and equality. Together with the Supremacy Clause of Article VI, the Fourteenth Amendment prohibits any state from providing less protection for a right conferred by the Sixth Amendment than is provided under the federal Constitution.

Am sorry i am getting caught up into saying to much already i must wait a few more day's until i can say what i need to say