Medical Marijuana Folks Justifiably Scared

mibrains

Medical Marijuana Folks Justifiably Scared Posted by CN Staff on September 05, 2013 at 11:33:29 PT

By Jake Ellison 

Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer 

medical.gif Seattle WA -- The federal government has said it won’t challenge Washington and Colorado’s legal pot markets and Washington has just released its latest versions of the rules that will govern that market here. Both of those facts has medical marijuana advocates running for cover.

In fact, one thing two icons of Washington’s medical pot scene agree on is that, barring action by the Washington Legislature, medical marijuana – even as a ragtag system – is history.

Steve Sarich, a longtime medical marijuana firebrand, adds that patients in Washington are “justifiably scared” because of threats that state and federal law enforcement will go after any marijuana growing or selling that happens outside of the system created by I-502.

Meanwhile, a more sanguine Muraco Kyashna-tocha, founder of the oldest medical marijuana dispensary in Washington, Green Buddha, thinks the state system will flood the market with cheap pot and run both medical marijuana growers and sellers out of town.

“I expect to shut down next year,” she said. “I expect to be under-sold … I expect to be out-produced by the state.”

Wait, I thought cannabis was OK now

Sarich – who campaigned against I-502 and thinks the system will land more patients in court because of the DUI standards, won’t compete with the black market prices but will cause law enforcement to kick down more doors – believes people in the medical system are “under siege.”

“I don’t know how else to describe it,” said the Access 4 Washington collective owner and executive director of the Cannabis Action Coalition. “We’re under siege. We know they are coming after us, but why they think we’re a risk to them I don’t know … the Liquor Control Board, the Legislature and apparently the feds.”

His cause for alarm stems partly from statements made by local representatives of the Department of Justice and Gov. Jay Inslee last week when the feds said they wouldn’t sue to stop the state’s legal pot system but would pursue all marijuana activity outside of that system.

In written statements, as The Associated Press reported, U.S. Attorney Jenny Durkan in Seattle and U.S. Attorney Michael Ormsby in Spokane stated:

“The continued operation and proliferation of unregulated, for-profit entities outside of the state’s regulatory and licensing scheme is not tenable and violates both state and federal law … While our resources are limited, we will continue to enforce federal law in this arena.”

Snipped

Complete Article: http://drugsense.org/url/Pzfx9y9v

Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer (WA)

Author: Jake Ellison

Published: Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Copyright: 2011 Seattle Post-Intelligencer

ical last week when the feds said they wouldn’t sue to stop the state’s legal pot system but would pursue all marijuana activity outside of that system.  

this seems exactly like what hayduke was referring to when he said CPU takes issue with the HB-4271 Scared

Medical Marijuana Folks Justifiably Scared Posted by CN Staff on September 05, 2013 at 11:33:29 PT

By Jake Ellison 

Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer 

medical.gif Seattle WA -- The federal government has said it won’t challenge Washington and Colorado’s legal pot markets and Washington has just released its latest versions of the rules that will govern that market here. Both of those facts has medical marijuana advocates running for cover.

In fact, one thing two icons of Washington’s medical pot scene agree on is that, barring action by the Washington Legislature, medical marijuana – even as a ragtag system – is history.

Steve Sarich, a longtime medical marijuana firebrand, adds that patients in Washington are “justifiably scared” because of threats that state and federal law enforcement will go after any marijuana growing or selling that happens outside of the system created by I-502.

Meanwhile, a more sanguine Muraco Kyashna-tocha, founder of the oldest medical marijuana dispensary in Washington, Green Buddha, thinks the state system will flood the market with cheap pot and run both medical marijuana growers and sellers out of town.

“I expect to shut down next year,” she said. “I expect to be under-sold … I expect to be out-produced by the state.”

Wait, I thought cannabis was OK now

Sarich – who campaigned against I-502 and thinks the system will land more patients in court because of the DUI standards, won’t compete with the black market prices but will cause law enforcement to kick down more doors – believes people in the medical system are “under siege.”

“I don’t know how else to describe it,” said the Access 4 Washington collective owner and executive director of the Cannabis Action Coalition. “We’re under siege. We know they are coming after us, but why they think we’re a risk to them I don’t know … the Liquor Control Board, the Legislature and apparently the feds.”

His cause for alarm stems partly from statements made by local representatives of the Department of Justice and Gov. Jay Inslee last week when the feds said they wouldn’t sue to stop the state’s legal pot system but would pursue all marijuana activity outside of that system.

In written statements, as The Associated Press reported, U.S. Attorney Jenny Durkan in Seattle and U.S. Attorney Michael Ormsby in Spokane stated:

“The continued operation and proliferation of unregulated, for-profit entities outside of the state’s regulatory and licensing scheme is not tenable and violates both state and federal law … While our resources are limited, we will continue to enforce federal law in this arena.”

Snipped

Complete Article: http://drugsense.org/url/Pzfx9y9v

Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer (WA)

Author: Jake Ellison

Published: Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Copyright: 2011 Seattle Post-Intelligencer

ical last week when the feds said they wouldn’t sue to stop the state’s legal pot system but would pursue all marijuana activity outside of that system.  

this seems exactly like what hayduke was referring to when he said CPU takes issue with the HB-4271 Scared

bye bye home grown

"...that money get funny

downpresser man..."