Anybody Want To Take Down Glardon?

Hey everyone,

It has been a very long time since I've posted here, But for those who don't know me, I've been around since pretty much the beginning and have seen the developments of and attacks on the medical marihuana act since its inception in 2008.  One of these attacks was HB 4856, which forces marijuana patients to transport any medicine in a locked box or locked in the trunk of their vehicles, regulations not in place for users of other drugs which pose a far greater risk of impairment when driving.

One of the sponsors of this bill was Rep. Ben Glardon ® of Michigan's 85th House District.  The 85th district stretches from Perry, MI North to portions of Saginaw County.  It encompasses the cities of Owosso, Corunna and Durand as well as numerous villages and townships.  Next year, Rep. Glardon is up for re-election.  Let's send him a message loud and clear that we will not tolerate targeting of marijuana patients for discriminatory legislation like his marijuana transport bill.  Let's get him un-elected.  I am on the campaign team for a democratic candidate in the 85th district for 2014.  I'm not releasing his name as he has not yet made an official announcement, but he has filed the paperwork and started building his campaign team.  I am honored to be a part of that.

I'm wondering if there is anyone else on these boards that might be from the 85th district that might be interested in learning more, contributing or volunteering for the campaign.  The candidate feels strongly about decriminalizing marijuana and believes that the legislature needs to respect the law the people voted in, rather than trying to undermine it.

Anyway, just putting out some feelers.  If there is anyone who would like to learn more or be kept abreast as the campaign develops, pleases shoot me a message at lansingareacaregiver@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...