Birmingham Teen Faces Charge For Giving Teacher Marijuana-Laced Cookie

zachw

Assuming this was intentional, this Idiot just violated Leary's cognitive liberty principle #1 and ruined his life in the process.

Birmingham police say toxicology tests confirm there were traces of THC in a Seaholm High School teacher's system after he reportedly ate a marijuana-laced cookie that was given to him by one of his students.

THC is the primary ingredient in marijuana. The student, 18, faces charges of food tampering, a 10-year felony.

Police Cmdr. Terry Kiernan said police received the toxicology report Monday and that an arrest warrant is being sought against the student. Kiernan added the Oakland County Prosecutor's Office wants additional information before writing the warrant.  "We're working on getting the information and hopefully we'll have a warrant by the first part of next week," he said Wednesday.

School officials confirmed the teacher returned to work on Monday. He became ill shortly after eating the cookie on March 4 and was taken to Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital by a family member. He was released from the hospital a short time later and spent the next several days recuperating at home. School officials are not releasing the name of the student or commenting on the specific allegation, other than to acknowledge that an isolated incident of food tampering was reported. They believe it was an isolated incident that involved only the one student.

"The Birmingham Police are currently investigating the issue and action has been taken on the school's part," Seaholm principal Rachel M. Guinn wrote in an e-mail blast sent out Friday. "The school will continue our own investigation in conjunction with law enforcement individuals."

Kiernan said the student does not have a prior criminal record nor does it appear the student has a medical marijuana card.

Freep article here.

Everyone knows school kids already sell the best cookies and have the best pot. 

This kid just put 1 and 1 together.

What was this teacher thinking? "I'm leaving my coffee on my desk while I leave the room. Please don't pee in, spit in or put drugs in my cup while I'm gone.  When I get back I'll need something to wash this cookie down with."

Edited by rockinsteady