Seeking Medical Marijuana Prescription

I am a 31-y.o. Allegan resident that is currently prescribed anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medication, as well as a prescription sleeping aid. I am seeking to replace these medications with medical cannabis, and therefore requesting information about local area doctors who can review my case. Please post so that I may respond.

Have you ever used cannabis before? If you have and know what its effects are, there is a doctor in Kalamazoo (Dr Crocker at Holistic Health) who can write you a recommendation.

If you are not familiar with the effects of cannabis you may want to experiment to find out if it works for you before you go through the time and expense to get a license.

note that anxiety, insomnia and depression are not qualifying conditions in which to get certified for medical marijuana card.

list of qualifying conditions in Michigan:

https://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/articles/health/conditions/

“Debilitating medical conditions" means any of the following conditions and/or their treatments:

* Cancer
* Glaucoma
* Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus
* Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
* Hepatitis C
* Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS - Lou Gehrig's Disease)
* Crohn's disease
* Agitation of Alzheimer's disease
* Nail patella
* Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

A patient can also qualify under the statute if he/she experiences any chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition, or it's treatment, which produces one or more of the following symptoms or side effects:

* cachexia or wasting syndrome;
* severe and chronic pain;
* nausea;
* seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy;
* severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis