Hash allowed under MMMA?

Guest Lori Ladd

Guest Lori Ladd

Can anyone tell me if it is legal to possess hash or hash oil under MMMA?   I will quickly reach my 2.5 oz limit so  I'm looking for a way to get the biggest bang for my buck under the weight limitations.  Would it count as a solid, liquid or just marijuana?  I did try to research it but found contradictory answers.  

Hash oil / hash would either be an extract or a marihuana infused product.

Which one depends on who you ask and what you are using it for.

marihuana infused product has to be a non-smokeable version.

(f) "Marihuana-infused product" means a topical formulation, tincture, beverage, edible substance, or similar product containing any usable marihuana that is intended for human consumption in a manner other than smoke inhalation. Marihuana-infused product shall not be considered a food for purposes of the food law, 2000 PA 92, MCL 289.1101 to 289.8111.

hash for smoking would be an extract/plant resin.

(n) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves, flowers, plant resin, or extract of the marihuana plant, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant.

(o) "Usable marihuana equivalent" means the amount of usable marihuana in a marihuana-infused product that is calculated as provided in section 4(c).

So... hash + something to make it edible/topical or beverage = you can have more of it. hash oil + olive oil say would be a topical or edible (liquid).

hash alone, for smoking means you can only have 2.5 oz of dried hash.

if any of that makes sense.

21 hours ago, t-pain said:

Hash oil / hash would either be an extract or a marihuana infused product.

Which one depends on who you ask and what you are using it for.

marihuana infused product has to be a non-smokeable version.

(f) "Marihuana-infused product" means a topical formulation, tincture, beverage, edible substance, or similar product containing any usable marihuana that is intended for human consumption in a manner other than smoke inhalation. Marihuana-infused product shall not be considered a food for purposes of the food law, 2000 PA 92, MCL 289.1101 to 289.8111.

hash for smoking would be an extract/plant resin.

(n) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves, flowers, plant resin, or extract of the marihuana plant, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant.

(o) "Usable marihuana equivalent" means the amount of usable marihuana in a marihuana-infused product that is calculated as provided in section 4(c).

So... hash + something to make it edible/topical or beverage = you can have more of it. hash oil + olive oil say would be a topical or edible (liquid).

hash alone, for smoking means you can only have 2.5 oz of dried hash.

if any of that makes sense.

Perfect!  Seems a great way to get rid of some "excess" without adding much toward my weight limitation.