LARA-MMFLA-Does my criminal history prevent me from obtaining a license

KLAW Blog

Does my criminal history prevent me from obtaining a license?

It depends on whether the following are true:

• The applicant is ineligible if he or she has been convicted of or released from incarceration for a felony under the laws of this state, any other state, or the United States (federal law) within the past 10 years or has been convicted of a controlled substance-related felony within the past 10 years.
  • The applicant is ineligible if he or she has been convicted of a misdemeanor involving a controlled substance, theft, dishonesty, or fraud in any state within the past 5 years.
  • The applicant is ineligible if he or she has been found responsible for violating a local ordinance in any state involving a controlled substance, dishonesty, theft, or fraud that substantially corresponds to a misdemeanor in that state within the past 5 years.

The Board may take into consideration the following:

• Whether the applicant has been indicted for, charged with, arrested for, or convicted of, pled guilty or nolo contendere to, forfeited bail concerning, or had expunged any relevant criminal offense under the laws of any jurisdiction, either felony or misdemeanor, not including traffic violations, regardless of whether the offense has been expunged, pardoned, or reversed on appeal or otherwise.

Komorn Law has represented numerous clients through the legal chaos of starting up a business in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Industry.

Contact Us For More Information.

800-656-3557

The post LARA-MMFLA-Does my criminal history prevent me from obtaining a license appeared first on Komorn Law.

View the full article